View Poll Results: What do you think of the Market Place?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the panjo software

1 11.11%
  • I want to go back to our own market place

5 55.56%
  • what the hell is panjo?

1 11.11%
  • I don't sell my stuff on this site so it doesn't matter either way

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you think Panjo sucks?

Several of the forum moderators have voiced their dislike of the new third party market place thingie. To be clear, this was not something I choose and had installed thinking it was nifty. Rather it was part of an upgrade. Many other forums use this so it apparently has a relationship now with VB software I am guessing. I don't know if we can deactivate it or not, that's something I will have to ask Arun about. But I would like to test the waters on what the majority thinks of it.
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

Very, very much so.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been on Panjo, let alone use it. Let me try it out...

EDIT: Oh, pooooooooooooo, it's an app! And not one I would use.
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 06-08-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Farasha,

thanks for your input. I am just curious why? Do you find it not user friendly? Or? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    I've never been on Panjo, let alone use it. Let me try it out...

EDIT: Oh, pooooooooooooo, it's an app! And not one I would use.
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

Same question to you Darshiva, what is lame about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    Very, very much so.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, because I don't see why I should have to register at a third party (i.e. Panjo) to be able to post a thread in the Market section here at bellydanceforums.net when I'm already a registered member here. And if noone seems to be able to explain why we should do so to post, I don't see why we need it.

If it is a way to make the forum get more money, I'd rather buy a thread directly than going through a third party.
    Last edited by Daimona; 06-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I clicked it once (I didn't even know it belonged to this forum, I thought it was something separate) and it appeared to be an app and I closed it. I didn't really understand what it was. If it's a replacement for market place, I don't think it's a good idea, market place works perfectly as it is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Yes, because I don't see why I should have to register at a third party (i.e. Panjo) to be able to post a thread in the Market section here at bellydanceforums.net when I'm already a registered member here. And if noone seems to be able to explain why we should do so to post, I don't see why we need it.

If it is a way to make the forum get more money, I'd rather buy a thread directly than going through a third party.
    Salome, Daim pretty much nailed it.

I actually found it when I was going to post something for sale (I think it might have been my melaya since I'll never use it out here in Nhill) and the fact that I had to navigate away from the website and sign up with a third party that I didn't know and had no notification of prior to the sudden 'hey, we're not in Kansas anymore' thing was enough to make me decide not to bother.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the last option as I don't sell anything here, but I disagree with the bit about it not mattering. Annoying people matters.

If I was having a clear out I'd probably stick things on eBay because I'm all signed up over there already, and post a link here. I definitely would not be up for being forced to muck about with apps and sign onto a third party site. That's two of my unfavouritest things on the web right there.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Daim & Dar, I dislike 3rd part apps, you never know what they'll do with your info for one thing & often end up inundated with unsolicited emails. Stick with direct market place.
    ~M
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast