Do you think Panjo sucks?

What do you think of the Market Place?

• Total voters

Salome

Administrator
Several of the forum moderators have voiced their dislike of the new third party market place thingie. To be clear, this was not something I choose and had installed thinking it was nifty. Rather it was part of an upgrade. Many other forums use this so it apparently has a relationship now with VB software I am guessing. I don't know if we can deactivate it or not, that's something I will have to ask Arun about. But I would like to test the waters on what the majority thinks of it.

Farasha Hanem

I've never been on Panjo, let alone use it. :think: Let me try it out...

EDIT: Oh, pooooooooooooo, it's an app! :( And not one I would use.

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Hi Farasha,

thanks for your input. I am just curious why? Do you find it not user friendly? Or? Inquiring minds want to know.

I've never been on Panjo, let alone use it. :think: Let me try it out...

EDIT: Oh, pooooooooooooo, it's an app! :( And not one I would use.

Daimona

Yes, because I don't see why I should have to register at a third party (i.e. Panjo) to be able to post a thread in the Market section here at bellydanceforums.net when I'm already a registered member here. And if noone seems to be able to explain why we should do so to post, I don't see why we need it.

If it is a way to make the forum get more money, I'd rather buy a thread directly than going through a third party.

Last edited:

Amulya

I clicked it once (I didn't even know it belonged to this forum, I thought it was something separate) and it appeared to be an app and I closed it. I didn't really understand what it was. If it's a replacement for market place, I don't think it's a good idea, market place works perfectly as it is :)

Darshiva

Yes, because I don't see why I should have to register at a third party (i.e. Panjo) to be able to post a thread in the Market section here at bellydanceforums.net when I'm already a registered member here. And if noone seems to be able to explain why we should do so to post, I don't see why we need it.

If it is a way to make the forum get more money, I'd rather buy a thread directly than going through a third party.

Salome, Daim pretty much nailed it.

I actually found it when I was going to post something for sale (I think it might have been my melaya since I'll never use it out here in Nhill) and the fact that I had to navigate away from the website and sign up with a third party that I didn't know and had no notification of prior to the sudden 'hey, we're not in Kansas anymore' thing was enough to make me decide not to bother.

Aniseteph

I voted for the last option as I don't sell anything here, but I disagree with the bit about it not mattering. Annoying people matters.

If I was having a clear out I'd probably stick things on eBay because I'm all signed up over there already, and post a link here. I definitely would not be up for being forced to muck about with apps and sign onto a third party site. That's two of my unfavouritest things on the web right there.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I agree with Daim & Dar, I dislike 3rd part apps, you never know what they'll do with your info for one thing & often end up inundated with unsolicited emails. Stick with direct market place.
~M

Farasha Hanem

What everyone else has said. Plus, I also was thinking I already have accounts with eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. I don't want to sign up with yet another site/app, especially one that redirects me away from the forum.

Salome

Administrator
As I said, it is not something I purposefully picked. But in reading responses I am a little surprised that it being an app is what annoys most. I have a smart phone and it's loaded with all kinds of app's, practical things, games, entertainment etc. I guess I'm desensitized to apps! I wouldn't mind using it so I voted for it, am the only one so far :lol: We can see what the options are for reverting. Though we may be stuck with it in the upgrade...

Daimona

People are annoyed because they would have to register to a third party to use this forum, it doesn't matter if it is "just an app".

Personally I prefer to keep my browsers, tablets and smartphones free of apps that aren't strictly necessary. It keeps it more tidy, doesn't affect the performance negatively and it is easier to maintain fewer apps due to security threats.

Apps I really don't need, but HAVE to install and register for in a forum where I'm already a registered member is truly annoying.

In general, if I want to install an app I prefer to do it because I want it, not because I HAVE to do it in order to post a new thread in the market section in a forum I've used for years.

According to various other forums it IS possible to uninstall panjo. We are not the first ones to upgrade to this version who question it.

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
I do not have an agenda to jam panjo down anyone's throat. As I've said, twice now, it appeared in the upgrade, I did not know/pick it. You and I have different opinions about applications. However, I tend to make changes according to what the community wants, not what suits me personally. Hence the poll and discussion.

People are annoyed because they would have to register to a third party to use this forum, it doesn't matter if it is "just an app".

Personally I prefer to keep my browsers, tablets and smartphones free of apps that aren't strictly necessary. It keeps it more tidy, doesn't affect the performance negatively and it is easier to maintain fewer apps due to security threats.

Apps I really don't need, but HAVE to install and register for in a forum where I'm already a registered member is truly annoying.

In general, if I want to install an app I prefer to do it because I want it, not because I HAVE to do it in order to post a new thread in the market section in a forum I've used for years.

According to various other forums it IS possible to uninstall panjo. We are not the first ones to upgrade to this version who question it.

Daimona

I do not have an agenda to jam panjo down anyone's throat. As I've said, twice now, it appeared in the upgrade, I did not know/pick it. You and I have different opinions about applications. However, I tend to make changes according to what the community wants, not what suits me personally. Hence the poll and discussion.

No problem, Salome.

From what I would know, the Panjo app could be wonderful to use.
But I haven't tried it for the reasons mentioned above.

Shanazel

I've just happily clicked "like" on most of the posts above since they pretty well outline why the whole thing creeps me out. Of course, my computer creep threshold is pretty low: I keep a small piece of paper over my camera eye so no one can peek at me without my knowledge. You would not believe the things I've learned about cyber-stalking since going to work with the sheriff's office.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I've just happily clicked "like" on most of the posts above since they pretty well outline why the whole thing creeps me out. Of course, my computer creep threshold is pretty low: I keep a small piece of paper over my camera eye so no one can peek at me without my knowledge. You would not believe the things I've learned about cyber-stalking since going to work with the sheriff's office.

Draw a smiley face on the side of the paper stuck on your camera:)
~M

Salome

Administrator
Thanks entirely to the work of Arun, panjo has been deactivated folks. We are back to the good old forum market place. Got something to sell? Make a thread, the end.