Drum roll, please!

Shanazel

Today I sold 56 yards of fabric from my belly dance stash in addition to ten yards and two patterns that I gave as a gift. I feel sooo virtuous and a bit sad since my favorite piece of silk and my favorite piece of brocade went to a new home. The money goes into my trip to Israel fund. I held some things out that I think will appeal to one of my students who has limited funds but who I know would like to have some of this stuff.

Now if I can just resist buying bling fabric in the future my stash will be rendered sensible and infinitely more versatile than before.

Sigh. The end of an era and I haven't even started selling the costumes and jewelry.

When I announced my retirement from public performance, some of my students went into a panic thinking I was retiring from teaching as well. It was gratifying to know that I'm appreciated. :)

Shanazel

I'm going to resist filling it with other fabric. :lol:

My name is Shanazel and I am a fabric addict. It has been several minutes since my last purchase...

walladah

Are you sure you want to retire from public performance?

You have created a dance tribe as a teacher and i wonder whether in dance tribes is normal for the leaders or matriarchs to retire while they are able for dancing.

Maybe it is because in my homeland women never stop bellydancing while they are alive and can move even their hands.

by the way, making space by giving away stuff you do not need anymore mght give you insights for new stuff!

i want to do the same with my bellydance stuff. At least to remember what i have in my closets, because i barely remember.....

Shanazel

Thank you, Walladah dear, for the remark about creating a dance tribe; I do love mine. I'm not retiring from teaching or from dancing privately; I'm simply retiring from public performance. It wasn't an easy decision to make but I am comfortable with it: thirty-five years of putting on makeup, glitter, and body stockings are enough. ;)