Lyrics Shashkin?

Amulya

There is a song called Shaskin, I'm interested to find the lyrics but a Google search turns out nothing, apparently it also exists in Arabic but I have only heard Turkish versions. Omar Faruk Tekbilek has a nice instrumental version, that's my favourite.

Amulya

I have been following that thread, but they obviously have the same problem as me haha. Sometimes it's just very hard to find out. We need someone who speaks Turkish or Arabic :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Love that song:) A Lebanese friend (& dancer) always called the music Al Ayn Mulayatain & said it was something about eyes behind the veil. She did explain it but I can't remember now.
~Mosaic

Amulya

There seems to be two different translations, if I understood the thread on Bhuz well. They also mentioned 'eyes behind the veil'.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

I don't have any more info on Shashkin, but is there a recorded version with vocals? I've never heard one, which is why I wondered.

I suspect it's one of those songs that every nationality claims. I was really surprised to hear some Ruby and Nancy Ajram songs (the melodies) put together with GREEK vocals -- that have no resemblance or connection to the original song. It's like they just borrowed the melody and put their own song over it. It's a little disconcerting to hear at first :)

Amulya

I have only heard the Turkish version of Shaskin. Yes that's funny how some songs are claimed by everybody. Isn't that the case with Miserilou or maybe I'm mistaken, but there are so many versions of that song as well

Daimona

I have only heard the Turkish version of Shaskin. Yes that's funny how some songs are claimed by everybody. Isn't that the case with Miserilou or maybe I'm mistaken, but there are so many versions of that song as well

Yes, we've had a couple of threads on that particular song already. Here is the one with most information about the tune itself: http://bellydanceforums.net/threads/1601-Misirlou-By-Dick-Dale-(1962)

Unfortunately, I've got no extra information about the Shaskin lyrics.

Amulya

That was an interesting thread, I can't believe I missed it when it was posted, or maybe I have forgotten about it. Very worth reading :)

Safran

I just found this awesome modern mix of the song

[video=youtube_share;rs08rGNDAss]http://youtu.be/rs08rGNDAss[/video]

Amulya

I have done a search for the translation of the Arabic version and again, nothing! I wonder if the Turkish and the Arabic version have similar lyrics though.