Boo Hiss for Safinaz? Or Hooray?

Salome

Administrator
[video=youtube_share;wBdm9DKHTbM]http://youtu.be/wBdm9DKHTbM[/video]

Was reading my feed on FB and Safinaz is extremely popular in Egypt but there were quite a few comments that American dancers find her objectionable. I've only watched this one video and in it I personally didn't object. She does a couple chest drops that are a little 'in your face' but she also has a casualness and humor that kind of tempers the naughtier stuff. Thoughts?

Mao

Like! She's so fun to watch :D I wish I could move my eyebrows ever so subtly like she does.

Safran

Actually, this is the best video that I have seen of her. She's got a lot of cheek, and somehow gets away with all that (I loved the crawl through the hair thing!). I did enjoy watching that clip. But, I've also seen videos where she really is too much :shok:

Farasha Hanem

In some parts, there was a bit too much boob popping for my taste, but otherwise, she's a cute dancer. At least from what I could see. Whoever shot her video either cut her in half, or left her out altogether throughout the performance. >:/

Aniseteph

At one point the chest lifts and drops got a bit violent - ouch - but I thought she was fun in this clip.

What I did find interesting was how part of my brain reacted. First I'm seeing a nice skilled dancer who is clearly good at live performance, on the cheeky side but all good fun, and that costume is cute. Then I saw the audience on the screen at the back and it looks like all men, and part of me goes ewww and wants to cover her up from their vulgar ogling. Then I think I see women in the audience and the context shifts again and it's cheeky fun and celebrational again. :rolleyes:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I smiled all the way through that, she is fun, but I did think some of those violent chest lifts were going to cause the girls to jump right out of the dress :) She is entertaining in that video, maybe others aren't too good causing not so nice comments.
~Mosaic

Last edited:

Shanazel

She's cute and trading on the kind of controversy which worked for Dina. ;) If she had another cup size in that bra, though, she'd have hit herself in the chin and knocked herself out.

Shanazel

The resemblance is unlikely to be coincidental. ;)

Well, to follow Dina, Safinaz has big... um, shoes to fill.

Amulya

I can't see anything objectionable in the clip, except the costume malfunctioning at 1.52 where it looks like her breast came out of her costume but I think it was a filling, and at one point where she bends over and just stands there like that for a while doing nothing. It's Dina-esque, but Dina doesn't stand still, she keeps dancing

Last edited:

Safran

Reviving an old thread with a video clip of Safinaz not only dancing but also singing! ;)

[video=youtube;cl7X1CH1GYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl7X1CH1GYA[/video]

DancingArabian

Here's another look at Safinaz. A bit too much boobie twerking in this one for me, and her top looks like it's straining to stay together. I think she's talented but sometimes she's just too much.

[video=youtube;VTWb18VXIy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTWb18VXIy8[/video]