Boo Hiss for Safinaz? Or Hooray?

Another Safinaz vid. Nothing personal, and not whining, but it seems that most Egyptian dance vids are of atrocious quality, in terms of resolution, they do not do justice at all to the dancer. Grrr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_XwzXr8u0

Anyway, didn't see anything so atrocious about Safinaz there. She's just, umm, nice to watch. Excuse my layman's tastes, but I actually prefer watching Safinaz to either Dina or Fifi Abdou, two more senior dancers often mentioned in comparison to her, or as her muse.

No 'violent' boob drops or raises either. Maybe they only seem 'violent' to some folks, becos she's blessed with, well, rather very fulsome ones.

One more thing. I think one has to read into the context of it. Belly dancing arose in the West Asian region, its native home, where those moves or gestures, even if deemed 'offensive' somewhere else, are taken as 'no big deal', or even 'par for the course'. It's like, to me, kind of unfair, even inappropriate, for another culture that has adopted belly dancing, to now attempt to impose a different standard on it.

Just my tuppence worth.:cool:

Last edited: