Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boo Hiss for Safinaz? Or Hooray?

Was reading my feed on FB and Safinaz is extremely popular in Egypt but there were quite a few comments that American dancers find her objectionable. I've only watched this one video and in it I personally didn't object. She does a couple chest drops that are a little 'in your face' but she also has a casualness and humor that kind of tempers the naughtier stuff. Thoughts?
    Like the forum on Facebook ~ Follow me on Pinterest and Twitter ~ We appreciate support of this forum through ads, shopping, and donations.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cute. I have no idea why they don't like her.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Like! She's so fun to watch I wish I could move my eyebrows ever so subtly like she does.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, this is the best video that I have seen of her. She's got a lot of cheek, and somehow gets away with all that (I loved the crawl through the hair thing!). I did enjoy watching that clip. But, I've also seen videos where she really is too much

Post Thanks / Like

Perfectly horrid camerwork of a darn good dancer I say!

Post Thanks / Like

In some parts, there was a bit too much boob popping for my taste, but otherwise, she's a cute dancer. At least from what I could see. Whoever shot her video either cut her in half, or left her out altogether throughout the performance. >:/

Post Thanks / Like

At one point the chest lifts and drops got a bit violent - ouch - but I thought she was fun in this clip.

What I did find interesting was how part of my brain reacted. First I'm seeing a nice skilled dancer who is clearly good at live performance, on the cheeky side but all good fun, and that costume is cute. Then I saw the audience on the screen at the back and it looks like all men, and part of me goes ewww and wants to cover her up from their vulgar ogling. Then I think I see women in the audience and the context shifts again and it's cheeky fun and celebrational again.

Post Thanks / Like

I smiled all the way through that, she is fun, but I did think some of those violent chest lifts were going to cause the girls to jump right out of the dress She is entertaining in that video, maybe others aren't too good causing not so nice comments.
    ~Mosaic
    Last edited by Mosaic; 08-27-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

She is a very controversial dancer, not only because of her dancing. But the controversy is also part of her marketing

Just some examples:

http://www.albawaba.com/entertainment/safinaz-598235

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCont...ng-Egypti.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

She's cute and trading on the kind of controversy which worked for Dina. If she had another cup size in that bra, though, she'd have hit herself in the chin and knocked herself out.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast