Bad-mouth Quotes

Duvet

Allie Jackson (aka Mrs. Sunlin) commenting on teaching her pupil to dance the hoochie-koochie;
"...she is really ashamed to risk wrecking his morals by letting him do the oriental steps but that the people seem to want it and she has to submit"

But the bizarre thing was, her pupil was a performing horse called Mizpah! According to the Decatour Review of 4th January 1905;
"Mizpah's most pleasing feats are his dances and his great hit is the hoochie-koochie, which he does with reckless abandon and evident delight."

Last edited:

Duvet

'All arahants, for as long as life lasts, have given up singing and dancing, the playing of musical instruments and the watching of entertainments, which are stumbling blocks to that which is wholesome. Nor do they bedeck themselves with ornaments, flowers or perfume.'

Words of the Buddhist Uposatha Sila text

Duvet

Dancing is, in itself, a very trifling and silly thing; but it is one of those established follies to which people of sense are sometimes obliged to conform.
Lord Chesterfield, in a letter to his son (Nov 19[SUP]th[/SUP] 1745)

When Lord Chesterfield's letters to his son were published in 1774, Samuel Johnson commented that;
"...they teach the morals of a whore, and the manners of a dancing master."
John Boswell: The Life of Samuel Johnson LLD (1791)

Duvet

Another quote from Dr. Johnson (although this time placed in the mouth of one of his literary creations) -

"I cannot dress with spirit, for I have neither rival nor admirer; I cannot dance without a partner; nor be kind or cruel without a lover."

Letter from Euphelia; The Rambler #42 (August 11th, 1750).

Duvet

"I don't know how many times someone has come up to me and said, "Hey, let's dance!" I hate dancing. God, it's stupid."

David Bowie

Ariadne

:lol: You do know that's the name of one of his songs right?

[video=youtube_share;N4d7Wp9kKjA]https://youtu.be/N4d7Wp9kKjA[/video]

Ariadne

That makes two of us.

Personally I think he was just jealous of people who can actually dance. I love the guy but he really couldn't even when he tried.