Shira's Teacher & Performer Directory - Being Updated

Farasha Hanem

Farasha, the "right" time to send in your entry is after you've actually begun to either seek professional performing gigs or offer classes. You don't really need to factor in your certification timing unless you're going to wait until AFTER certification to start teaching.

I'll probably start "student teaching" some time either right before or right after the new year as I study for my certification, but I wasn't sure when the proper time would be to send in my entry.

shiradotnet

I'll probably start "student teaching" some time either right before or right after the new year as I study for my certification, but I wasn't sure when the proper time would be to send in my entry.

The proper time would be once you're ready to start marketing yourself publicly as a teacher or performer.

shiradotnet

I just updated Post #2 in this thread to indicate that I have completed New Jersey and New Mexico. Yesterday I received a couple of new requests for those two states which i'll process in the next day or two, but except for those brand-new requests, I consider the backlog New Jersey and New Mexico to be empty. I'm actually hoping for more updates for both of those states - I think there's a lot of obsolete information still there, even after processing everything that was in my backlog.

I'm currently working on New York. I had a ton of requests for it, so it's taking me a while.

So far, I've completed ONLY pending requests for those U.S. states listed in Post #2 on this thread. Work continues on the rest....

Safran

Sending you virtual coffee and cupcakes for energy! I mean, I've been thinking of doing the same thing for Estonia - making a list of places where oriental dance is taught with contacts... But it seems dauntingly too much work. And Estonia is a tiny country! :lol:

shiradotnet

Here's the latest news on updating my teacher & performer directory! As of October 1, 2014, I have:

• Processed 501 requests for additions, removals, and changes since August 14
  • Posted ALL requests received so far for 41 of the 50 U.S. states plus District of Columbia
  • Received over 200 NEW requests for additions, removals, and updates, in addition to the backlog of 551 that I had when I started this project
  • Over 250 updates still remaining in my inbox to be processed, but I expect to continue receiving a lot of NEW requests as I work my way through a comprehensive update and encourage people via social media and email to check & update their entries
  • Sent over 1,500 emails to people asking them to check & update their existing entries

I've finished New York, Ohio, and Oklahoma, and I've updated Post #2 on this thread to show a current view of which places I've completely finished so far. Of course, NEW requests will continue to come in, but as of TODAY I have completed emptied my queue of pending requests for the places listed in Post #2.

I plan to finish the U.S. before I start on other countries.

shiradotnet

I have finished all updates to:

Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico

South Dakota
Tennessee
Vermont

If you are in one of these places, please go check your entry to make sure it looks the way you want it to. Post #2 in this thread lists ALL the places I've finished updating so far. If your location isn't listed in Post #2, please be patient, I haven't gotten to it yet, but I promise I will as soon as I can.

Remember that ALL requests for additions, changes, or removals should come to me via this form:

http://www.shira.net/dir-update.htm