Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shira's Teacher & Performer Directory - Being Updated

I am in the process of working my way through bringing the Teacher & Performer Directory at www.shira.net/directory.htm on Shira.net completely up to date. If you have been waiting to be added, removed, or updated, this post describes my current status.

In Post #3 on this thread, which you can find at http://bellydanceforums.net/threads/...l=1#post232057 , I have placed instructions on what to do if you want to be added, or if your entry needs to be updated. Please do NOT send me PM's asking me to add/update you. Instead, look for the post in this thread that contains the instructions. My online form partially automates the process and saves me work, whereas emails and PM's can be lost and make extra work for me.

Before I began the process on August 14, there were 551 requests from people to be added or updated. I have also been posting about this on Facebook, which led an additional 80 requests to be submitted, and I expect more to keep rolling in.

I've currently got 355 requests still pending. This means I have implemented 201 of the original requests, plus the 80 additional ones that came in, for a total of 281 completed so far. That's 281 changes in less than a month. I've been working really hard at this.

In Post #2 on this thread, which you can find at http://bellydanceforums.net/threads/...l=1#post232056 , I have listed the locations that are DONE as of now, and I will come back to update this list as the project proceeds.

For these locations, there are NO pending requests in my inbox. Therefore, if you are in one of these places, please check your entry to see if it is current.
    Last edited by shiradotnet; 09-10-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

These are the locations that are COMPLETELY updated as of October 1, 2014:

UNITED STATES
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas

California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    District of Columbia (Washington, DC)

Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii

Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa

Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana

Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana

Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota

Ohio
    Oklahoma

Pennsylvania
    Puerto Rico

South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas

Utah
    Vermont
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

I will update this post as the project continues so that you can come back to this one to see whether your location has been done yet.
    Last edited by shiradotnet; 10-20-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what to do if you visit your entry at Find Belly Dancing Teachers and Performers all Over the World! Belly Dancing Lessons and Dancers! Search for Belly Dancers! and want it changed/removed. Or, what to do if you aren't there yet and want to be added.

Have you asked for your entry to be added or changed in the past?

If so:

If your original entry was in one of the locations identified in post #2 of this thread, then double-check to see if your change made it into my update. If your addition/update doesn't show up, then you need to submit a new request. You can do that via www.shira.net/dir-update.htm

If your location is NOT one of the ones identified in post #2 of this thread, then that means I have not gotten to your location yet. Please don't submit a duplicate request unless your information has changed. Duplicate requests raise my workload. So, wait until I get to your location, THEN check to see if further changes are needed.

If not:

Go ahead and submit a new request via www.shira.net/dir-update.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this service, Shira. It is greatly appreciated.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I have finished updating Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin, and have updated post #2 in this thread accordingly. The process continues....

Post Thanks / Like

I can only imagine the amount of work this takes! Shira, you are awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

and tireless and dedicated and lots of other stuff, too.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Safran, ha ha, yes, it IS a pretty miserable process! Especially tedious when I tackle a huge location like California that has zillions of dancers. The last time I did it, the process was made even more horrible by the fact that I was also converting the directory from the old yellow-themed format to the new blue-themed design, and that meant I had to do a lot of tedious conversion work.

This time around, it's a little easier because I don't have that conversion thing to do, though I'm STILL doing some design updates - inserting some stuff to support social media in a more attractive way. Also, I'm sending emails to EVERY PERSON listed in each state that I have email addresses for, asking them to look at their entry and send updates if applicable, so dealing with that is taking extra time. That process of copying the emails over to my mail tool, then going back and removing the addresses that bounce back as undeliverable, is a real pain in the neck!

But my hope is that I'll get a lot of obsolete stuff cleaned out on this go-round. I can't eliminate it all, but I *think* every location listed in Post #2 on this thread is in pretty good shape now. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Wyoming must look pretty easy after California.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Wyoming must look pretty easy after California.
    Shanazel, indeed it does, and tonight I completed Wyoming! Take a look at your entry, and if you need any changes, you'll find the "update" form at www.shira.net/dir-update.htm

I've also updated Post #2 on this thread to indicate that I've completed all updates for Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wyoming.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast