Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arms

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the shoulderblades bump into the spine or something? Do you have scoliosis? Shoulderblades shouldn't feel uncomfortable with tribal arms

I live in Pennsylvania and attend Strath Haven High.
    Post Thanks / Like

Fusion arms are so diverse.
    Last year I had the incredible privilege of studying with the amazing and lovely Zoe Jakes, and she teaches arms differently from any way I've ever learned them: she had us learn to isolate our elbows. If you place your hands on a wall, you should be able to turn your elbows back and forth. It is a matter of gradually moving your hands away from the wall and keeping your elbows moving. It took me about a month of freaking out my classmates by flipping my elbows in class to get that down. After that, it's hand-undulation, elbow- flip towards the wall behind you, then backwards shoulder roll, or the same in the opposite direction in the opposite order. That can be done with your arms straight out like an airplane or a little lower down with the hands at hip level.

Post Thanks / Like

So that's where I picked it up from. I have so many dvds from so many teachers it can be hard to remember who taught what! Thanks for the anecdote.
    Wild and free my effing arse! Use another word!

Post Thanks / Like

My teacher Gendi, whose styling predates tribal fusion and who never studied tribal formally unless you count a bit of FCBD video, taught us to isolate our elbows, for snake arms. I learned snake arms with no shoulder roll. Not very ME but super cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12