How do your pets react...

Duvet

...when you practise dancing at home? In my experience dogs want to join in and cats run away.

But that might be a comment on the way I dance! How do your pets react?

Shanazel

Mine have never known anything different so they don't even notice... unless there is a string dangling somewhere which IMMEDIATELY attracts the attention of one Toby Taliesin.

Darshiva

My cat comes over and farts on my head when I'm doing my stretch-down.

But generally, she likes being in the studio when I have students come in. She gets all chatty & smoochy & says hi, and then heads for the hills as soon as I put our warm-up music on.

Amulya

My cats generally ignore, but in the past when I practised with veil, now that would attract attention, they love that! I had to sacrifice a veil to them haha, they used it to sleep on and to play with.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
my cats just ignore the whole scene, it's a yawn for them, or time to groom.:lol:
~Mosaic

Jane

Dog jumps around and barks like a thing possessed. Cats either ignore me or get underfoot. I shut them all out of the room, but then the cats pound on the door with their feet and yowl constantly. :(

Do husbands count as pets? ;) Mine is constantly poking his head in the room to ask me inane questions about food, laundry, and lost items. Disrupts my creative process. No wonder it takes me forever to choreograph anything!

Darshiva

Sometime in the last 24 hours, for the gods only know what reason, my cat decided to climb into the veil bucket to relieve herself. Found that out in the middle of a class.

So now we have a new thing - pee veils. Which are currently going through their hot vinegar wash in the machine after having been super-sudsed in cold water an hour ago.

Little miss short & furry is very thoroughly in disgrace right now.

Jeanne

Sometimes my cat would just rather nap than pay attention to my dance practice, but when he's more awake he sometimes has a tendency to want to get involved in whatever I'm doing -- so he'll come over and follow me around or sit down right by where I'm moving around.

One time while I was practicing yoga, I was holding a shoulder stand and he came up and licked me on the nose.