Looking for some student quotes

Jeanne

Hi all,

I'm writing an article about belly dance for a magazine aimed at dance teachers and studio owners. They'd like me to include something about what classes are like, possibly with some quotes from students.

So, any of you care to share your thoughts? They want to hear about why people are attracted to learning belly dance. You might also mention what you like about the particular class(es) you attend and what you get out of it, whether you receive any negativity for studying belly dance (family objections, teasing from friends, etc. -- or does everyone think it's great?), etc.

I'll probably only be able to use a couple of quotes and will need to keep it brief, so no need to go on at length. But anyone who gives me some input will receive my undying gratitude. Please let me know how you want to be identified -- e.g. your dance name, or your real name if that's what you prefer. Also say what city/town you're based in. If you like you can add other identifiers such as troupe affiliation or what teacher you train with.

Many thanks!:yay:

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Jeanne! I'm from Shawnee, Oklahoma, and I study under Darshiva (who is also here on the forum! :D ) via Skype. I have always loved bellydance ever since I was a little girl in the '60's, watching dancers from black-and-white movies. I love the people and culture of the Middle East, and want to share that passion when I become a teacher! :D