Halloween 2014

Amulya

Halloween anyone? I'm doing a party at a restaurant tonight, not sure what I am haha. I'm wearing an emerald green corset and big Victorian inspired skirt. Will post pics later :)

Darshiva

Because our kitchen is a mouse-infested insult to food hygiene, we've chosen not to have a party this year. So no costumes, althout I did wear a pair of devil horns for my last class of the year. Because awesome, that's why! :)

Shanazel

We're having some folks over for Samhain dinner tomorrow night. Hard to say who might turn up in costume.

Daimona

I'm not celebrating Halloween (as usual), but I'll attend the annual autumn party tonight at work where the theme this year is "The rocking 50s and swinging 60s".

As I don't look good in the typical 1950s styles of dressing, I'm aiming for something that could pass for mid to late 1960s. I finished the dress last night and after trying it on I decided (at 2330) that I needed a set of matching hot pants (I am pretty sure that my colleagues aren't interested in seeing my underwear when I dance). I mounted it before midnight, then went to bed and started hemming it on my way to work this morning. I still haven't finished it completely, but I'm getting there. I'm currently trying to sew them hem at the same time as I'm trying to write a paper that I need to finish very soon, and I'm crossing my fingers that nobody pops by my office before I'm done. ;)

ETA: And there one of the directors came by, but she is cool
(she actually just gave me a bottle of champagne! :shok:).

Last edited:

Amulya

Making costumes is so much fun, even if they are no belly dance costumes haha. The skirt I had needed lots of work, it had a toddler sized waist band LOL, so that needed replacing, but it was all stitched in with tiny stitching, that took me several days to get out! But end result is comfie and not a waist band that's trying to kill me haha.
sadly everybody decided not to dress up, so I stood out painfully... Next time I will say 'costume mandatory', I think some people don't understand they had to dress up. I'm planning an 'eastern hemisphere appropriate Halloween', so in half a years time I can give it another try :p Also because some friends who really wanted to come couldn't make it, so it will be nice to have them be able to come too.

walladah

not celebrating halloween in Greece, although people discuss about it! we like all feasts and celebrating chances, no matter what tradition they are coming from! some days ago we all discuss Nov. 5th and the Gunpowder Plot!

Shanazel

Veteran's Day comes up in America on the 11th. Every year I make sure I can honor the tradition of two minutes of silence on the 11th day at the 11th hour. With the hundredth anniversary of WWI this becomes even more solemn since the tradition stems from Armistice in 1918. Does Europe have a similar tradition?

Darshiva

I think everyone involved WWII does the 11/11 at 11am moment of silence thing. I know Australia does.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Costume I wore to both a Samhain ritual as well as our annual costume contest at my work. Complete with updo, corset, bustle pillow, petti, and 3" heels! Won first place at work - which was the least they could do for me as those shoes were KILLING me! :lol:

Attachments

• Halloween 2014 041.jpg
    Halloween 2014 041.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 32