The Blue Monk

BigJim

Was doing some surfing on the internet and decided to check out what was happening in Portland Ore... Saw that they shut down the Blue Monk in April... We were there last year and had a great time on Wednesday night... Arabesque was playing live... they had 4 different dancers giving extended performances... and during the breaks the band still played so the audience could come up and dance....

Very happy I was able to experience it live.... and very sad to see it's closed....

Any other place in Portland picking up the slack?

Dunyah

The Wednesday night shows with Arabesque have moved to Hoda's Middle Eastern Restaurant on Belmont in SE Portland http://www.hodas.com/locations/

I haven't been up to one of the shows in the new place yet but it looks like a nice place. We were fortunate to have Arabesque in our town last month. They are going strong!

BigJim

Nice to see Arabesque has found a new home....There are lots of clips of them plus lots of different dancers they played for... I always enjoy watching their clips from the Blue Monk as they have a lot of character...Thanks for the update