The New Improved 2015 Weather Around the World Thread

Aniseteph

We are having record breaking warm weather for December, which is weird, although probably very good for next quarter's electricity bill. Annoying when you have a bunch of crocheted scarves to try out though. I would say we have zero chance of a white Christmas but things are so messed up weather wise that who knows?

Daimona

We are having record breaking warm weather for December, which is weird, although probably very good for next quarter's electricity bill. Annoying when you have a bunch of crocheted scarves to try out though. I would say we have zero chance of a white Christmas but things are so messed up weather wise that who knows?

It is the same around here - record breaking warm winter so far and no chance of getting a white Christmas. And without snow it gets really dark around here as we've only had app. 4,5h of daylight today (sunrise at 1000, sunset at 1430). I haven't crocheted any scarves since May, but I have just finished a bunch of new mittens (technique: nålebinding/nalbinding/needle binding) I'd love to try when the weather gets colder... Being a shameless plug tonight, I post a picture of them here:

Shanazel

We had about 18 inches of snow the beginning of the week. Early, early Tuesday morning, the winds licked up to a steady 40 mph. We were drifted in until late Tuesday morning when a couple of four wheel drive trucks managed to get up the road without getting stuck. I couldn't get out of the driveway myself until the next morning. Temps were in the lower teens (Fahrenheit). A good part of the snow is gone now (melted and/or worn out by the wind) with current temp at 25 degrees with a gentle breeze of 15 mph.

Please send mittens. Will be happy to try them out.

Jeanne

Been cold and rainy for the last few days here in the Bay Area, and I think more is expected. Not pleasant, but since we're in drought recovery, it's nonetheless a good thing.

To keep warm, I am making one of these:

mermaidafghan.jpg

Daimona

Average temperature in December so far is 5 C warmer than normal... I've started wearing a thin jacket instead of my winter coat when I've been out the last couple of days.

Daimona

Today, the weather has turned. Heavy northwestern winds are bringing a lot of rain and some snow that will probably melt again tomorrow.

Temperatures yesterday was above 10C, and the local newspaper could show picture of roses blooming(!) somewhere outdoors in town (not normal in December).

Shanazel

Okay, Aniseteph. Winds from the southwest are blowing a Wyoming winter toward Jollye Olde Englande. Enjoy. :)