Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Belly dancer in Texas...

Greetings all! I am new to belly dancing and a bit nervous to be posting. Still, I just wanted to say hello and please let me know what you think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex4j...X6WstvxhrioURg

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, dancing in your underwear is never appropriate for bellydance.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

So practicing at home requires full dress?

Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to put it on youtube where you're representing our dance form with the whole world potentially watching? YES.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

I am literally brand new to this and seem to notice a shortage of males even attempting this art. I am honestly surprised at the hostility and from a moderator no less. Thanks for the warm welcome I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, put some clothes on and then we can talk.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!

Post Thanks / Like

Better yet, I will keep doing what I am doing so you will remain silent. I swear, only a short sighted fool would complain about this. It is like finding a unicorn and then complaining because it is red, instead of white.
    Last edited by Straycat009; 01-05-2015 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Oops... Looks like we are not off to a good start.... I don't think anyone is complaining about your dance skills... I should be so lucky as to be as good as you... But we are not really seeing any bellydancing here... You are showing us great club dancing .. twerking... but not really bellydance... your costume choice is O.K. for a club dancing vid but not O.K. for the Bellydancing scene...

No one here is down on you.. this forum is a pretty easy going place and is full of acceptance... maybe go on rewind and start again...we always have room for another male dancer....

Post Thanks / Like

A unicorn? Please, honey. My sixty-five year old husband stuffs a codpiece at least as well as you do and has more creative things to do with the contents than shake them in front of an anonymous audience.

Seriously, I have been involved in belly dance as a performer or a teacher for getting on close to forty years now. Belly dance as a style depends on proper music, proper movement vocabulary, and proper costuming. Your performance lacks all three elements of belly dance even though the visual of rotating hips, protruding pelvis, and tight black underwear might've entertained me more before I left my teens.

If you are truly interested in learning to belly dance, find yourself a qualified teacher and take classes. In the mean time, take a look at videos featuring Tito and Tarik Sultan (for starters) and get yourself a clue as to what you are really aspiring to learn.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

BigJim, I honestly do not feel very welcome. Not at all.

"A unicorn? Please, honey. My sixty-five year old husband stuffs a codpiece at least as well as you do and has more creative things to do with the contents than shake them in front of an anonymous audience."

Insult.

"Your performance lacks all three elements of belly dance even though the visual of rotating hips, protruding pelvis, and tight black underwear might've entertained me more before I left my teens."

Insult.

"Dude, put some clothes on and then we can talk."

Condescending insult.

Two of them coming from someone with 40 years of experience. Truly depressing. Shanazel, I think you misunderstood my unicorn comment. I am referring to the fact that I am a male in Texas, who is interested in something very unorthodox. Anyhow, nice backhanded compliment. Really shows the quality of your teaching, I am sure. I appreciate the feedback thus far. Not really constructive, but thanks nonetheless.

One post and this is what happens? If this is a laid back environment and receptive to male dancers, I am sure fooled. Nothing about this is welcoming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast