Bhangra Instructor new to this forum

LearnBhangraApp

My name is Lavesh and I recently launched the Learn Bhangra App, free to download for iOS and Andriod. If you don't know, Bhangra is a high-energy folk dance from the Punjab region in India and Pakistan. For those of you who incorporate Bhangra steps into your fusion pieces, I hope this App is helpful! Look forward to connecting with members of this forum and helping spread the love of dance.

Lavesh
www.LearnBhangraApp.com

Safran

Hi Lavish! Welcome to the forum! I am currently working in India, and see a lot of bhangra troupes on stage. It looks a lot of fun... well, the way men dance, looks a lot of fun, the women's dance is somewhat less exciting :) I'll check out your app for sure!

LearnBhangraApp

Thanks Farasha!

Safran, that is very cool - Bhangra was originally an all-male dance, but today is enjoyed by everyone. For most Bhangra steps, you are supposed to look big, powerful, and proud.

Has anyone incorporated Bhangra steps into their fusion routines? Would love to see/hear about your experiences.

One of the background dancers in our App, Kaitlyn Lewis, is an accomplished bellydancer from North Carolina who did a really good job at mixing Bhangra into belly dance/middle eastern dance forms to create some really unique pieces.

Farasha Hanem

I haven't fused Bhangra into my bellydance, but I know a girl from another city in my state that did in a solo she performed a few years ago. It looked so much fun! I have a few Bhangra apps on my iPad mini, maybe one of them is your app? o.0 *goes to check*

LearnBhangraApp

Haha, I might be in your phone and you don't even know it! :p. That's pretty cool though Farasha, feel free to reach out to me if you ever look at incorporating Bhangra into one of your sets.