Sara Farouk at Shimmy Cocktail in SW UK this June!

Tanglefoot

[h=1]Sara Farouk at Shimmy Cocktail this June![/h] Written by Ameera on 15 January 2015.
Saturday 13 June 2015​
SHIMMY COCKTAIL​
A day full of fun, dancing and making new friends​
With the world renowned belly dance teacher and choreographer Sara Farouk, based in Cairo.
photo courtesy of Kay Taylor

Venue: Derriford Leisure Centre (behind Plymouth Hospital) http://www.derrifordfitness.co.uk/
Free parking / Easy access by public transport / Shower and changing facilities on site

• Loads of workshops suitable for all levels – 10:00 to 17:00
with Sara Farouk, Azeezah, Rio, Ameera and Dan – see below for details

• Party (incl. buffet/showcase) – admission by ticket only - Licensed Bar – 19:30 to 23.30
Dancers, pm me if you would like to be in the showcase as well. Groups/solos 4 minutes max.

• Souk and Cafe

Costs:
All day package (workshops&party) £55* if payment received by 1st April 2015 / £60* thereafter
Party only £10 if payment received by 1st April 2015 / £12 thereafter
Payment can be cash, cheque (please pm me) or via paypal - account ameera@ameeradance.com.
*10% discount for 10-class card holders on all day package.
There's a Travelodge hotel walking distance to the venue for those of you who would like to stay on the night. Here's the website http://www.travelodge.co.uk/ look for Travelodge Plymouth Derriford Hotel.

Workshops to choose from:
10:00 to 12:00 - The marriage of technique and interpretation: Sara's unique approach to teaching Egyptian dance combining an anatomical approach to technique with the ability to really listen to, and interpret, the music. with Sara Farouk
11:00 to 12:00 – Learn some combinations to arabic rythms with live drumming. With Ameera and Dan
12:30 to 14:30 - The classics: Why the songs of Halim and Um Khalsoum embody the 'essence' of Egypt for the dancer. Concentrating on one classic song. With Sara Farouk
12:30 to 14:30 - Simply Samba! Learn the Brazilian Samba moves, put them in a fun and full of energy routine. With Rio
15:00 to 17:00 - Mise en scene: How and why this form of 'introduction' is used to show the skills of the dancer to the audience. Concentrating on one mise en scene. With Sara Farouk
15:00 to 17:00 - Shaabi - learn the moves and the attitude that are distinct to this energetic, fun and cheeky dance style of Egypt. With Azeezah
About:
Sara Farouk is an international teacher and choreographer with her own unique style and take on things. An inspiration to many dancers in the UK, she has a wealth of knowledge and insight into Egyptian music, dance and life in Egypt where she has lived for many years. She also works with the renowned Eman Zaki and Randa Kamel. She arranges dance holidays and events in Egypt.
Rio, a lover of all Latin and Urban dances, has been teaching Samba for the past 6 years. Rio can be seen performing in carnivals all over the South West.
Dan is a world percussionist based in Cornwall. He specializes in playing the Darbuka, incorporating a wide range of musicality, technique & flare. He has 10 years experience & a creative authentic understanding of the instrument.
Azeezah (Paula Haines) started ballet from the age of five and throughout her life enjoyed a different range of dance styles, until 12 years ago when she fell in love with Egyptian Dance. Azeezah loves teaching and enjoys watching the confidence and self esteem that grows within each student.

Terms & Conditions:
Should you cancel your all day package ticket:

• Your ticket is transferable to another person found by yourself.
  • Cancellation before 1[SUP]st[/SUP] May 2015, 50% of the ticket price will be refunded
  • After 1[SUP]st[/SUP] May 2015, no refund.
Should you cancel your party ticket:

• Your ticket is transferable to another person found by yourself.
  • No refund.

We are looking forward to meeting you all xxx

http://www.ameeradance.com/events

And I'm going !

Duvet

I just might make this! Not been to a workshop/festival for months and months (and I know that's not good)!!

Tanglefoot

I just might make this! Not been to a workshop/festival for months and months (and I know that's not good)!!

Months and months, my last was Celebrating Dance five years ago. But it will be good to see you there, a male dancer that can dance.