Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I did accidentally at one time when I was dancing with a veil and 'forgot' momentarily how close the candelabra hanging from the ceiling was above my head. Good thing silk does not catch on fire that quickly :O LOLZ
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~diana~ View Post
    i did accidentally at one time when i was dancing with a veil and 'forgot' momentarily how close the candelabra hanging from the ceiling was above my head. Good thing silk does not catch on fire that quickly :o lolz
    yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

One of my venues has banned the use of any type of ope flame including candles because the fire marshals shut them down. For some reason it seems to be all the rage now, but I think venues need to take things into consideration like safety, do they have extinguishers on hand and is the staff trained to use them, also, how many exists does the venue have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik Sultan View Post
    One of my venues has banned the use of any type of open flame including candles because the fire marshals shut them down...
    That's pretty much the case everywhere - even in places where there's ZERO chance of a fire spreading (concrete stage, no curtains, etc, etc). I'm the first to preach fire safety, and have an extinguisher on hand; but America has been a Nanny State for decades and its getting far worse fast!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    That's pretty much the case everywhere - even in places where there's ZERO chance of a fire spreading (concrete stage, no curtains, etc, etc). I'm the first to preach fire safety, and have an extinguisher on hand; but America has been a Nanny State for decades and its getting far worse fast!
    My state (Rhode Island) is the worst for that. The only time I see fire spinners (not belly dancers) is at WaterFire, and even with that, the fire marshals are real dicks. We're all about safety, everyone is a safe distance, and the performers are professionals, but they're just like "you came too close, raaaaawwwr." America is a terrible place for creativity, especially if there's even a remote hint of danger in it. I'm surprised cupcakes aren't a felony.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I'm surprised cupcakes aren't a felony.
    Wait. They will be. Witness the various "Big Gulp" bans that have been pushed through in various locales. Remember, Big Brother knows best!

Post Thanks / Like

Wait. They will be. Witness the various "Big Gulp" bans that have been pushed through in various locales. Remember, Big Brother knows best!
    They're also banning potato chips and juice in schools, even if your kid bring it. People are just growing more and more chicken-shit all the time. Life is about balance, and how will you learn to balance if you don't have those options? The worst people are the parents who think white bread will kill their children. Ugh, it's so annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

They're also banning potato chips and juice in schools, even if your kid bring it...
    Well, you'll never want for baloney if you look at just about any school...

"In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created school boards." --Mark Twain

...and by extension, school administrations in general. In my over half century on this planet, I've seen very little to belie Twain's quote - and a LOT to validate it!

Post Thanks / Like

"In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created school boards." --Mark Twain
    I've seen that quote! I agree, I'm only 22 and I could school a LOT of adults in their mid 60's on adulthood and common sense. I hope I don't end up being like that.
    On an unrelated topic, you don't look over half a century old...at least not from the pictures I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

On an unrelated topic, you don't look over half a century old...at least not from the pictures I've seen.
    Bless you!

Its amazing what a little henna in the hair, beard dye, and makeup will do for a guy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12