Critics needed!!!

Dani

I'm getting some small routines together, but I don't have any way to perform right now, and no teacher, so I'm not sur ehow good they are. I need some years-long dancers and teachers to watch the videos I post (as they come) and let me know what they think. Lots and lots of constructive criticism needed! I can message them to you, or post them and let you know when they're up. Please and thank you!!! Reply and let me know if you can do this for me!

:dance:

Darshiva

Take a big deep breath and please heed this one piece of advice: Take what critique is given to head, not to heart.

What I mean by that is to look at it objectively. Go through the videos armed with the critique and see whether or not you agree. See if the advice given fits your aesthetic or genre. And don't let it get you down. Even the best advice can come across as brusque or heartless if you aren't prepared to hear it. So if it does make you feel bad, think about the things about your dancing that you do like, focus on them for a moment, and then, when you're calmer, think about why the advice is given.

Best wishes, you're doing yourself a great service by opening yourself up to advice in this manner. :)

Dani

Thank you very much for that advice!

I have had practice taking constructive criticism productively, even when it sounds harsh. Drama club, culinary school, and being a first-time mom have toughened my skin enough for that. It does make me a little nervous to be putting this offer out there, but it feels like this is the only way I can perfect my dance right now.

Thank you again!

Amulya

Post them here :) there are lots of people on here who have been dancing and teaching for decades