Beginner from Oklahoma

SashaM

Hello forum! My name is Sasha and I'm a beginner to belly dancing. I've only been learning for a little over two months, but I absolutely love it. I have dance classes I take every Wednesday and when I'm at home I youtube videos for more practice.

Hope to get to know you all better :)

Shanazel

Welcome, Sasha. So happy to have you here! One of my very favorite dancers lives in Oklahoma, the beautiful Farasha of this very forum.

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Sasha! What part of Oklahoma are you from? :D Do you take lessons from Christie in OKC? She was my teacher!

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Maybe I should have asked if your teacher is from A Mirage Dance Company. I'd almost forgotten that they have separate classes for beginners, intermediates, and advanced students! ^^;;

Dani

I'm a beginner too, but I can't afford classes, so youtube has been my only means of learning. It's still a lot of fun! Message me if you'd like to talk more. ^_^

SashaM

I've got classes on Wednesday but that's it. During the rest of the week I youtube videos as well. I've noticed I occasionally learn a movie easier from a video. Plus I have a belly dance video that I use as well.

SashaM

Thanks for the kind words everyone :) what got me to finally start learning was a new friend and I shared it as a common interest. I just like being able to crank some music on in the middle of the day and dance my stress away. Having a good friend to take classes with is a lot of fun.