Who are you favorite professional belly dancers?

Dani

I love watching professionals and learning from them.:think: I have 2 favorites for two COMPLETELY different reasons.

Alla Kushnir: Her style is more cabaret, and her costumes are GORGEOUS!!!:clap: I love watching her because she isn't afraid to go big with her performance. I first saw her perform on Ukraine's Got Talent, but she has videos all over the place now. She makes it sexy but keeps it classy. I draw the rapid movements as inspiration for a lot of my routines.

Irina Akulenko: I've mostly seen her perform tribal fusion and fantasy. I started off just watching her tutorials on youtube (very helpful) but then I saw her dances and I was mesmerized. A lot of fantasy belly dance performers sort of forget that it's supposed to be a belly dance, and it becomes more contemporary.:rolleyes: However, Irina Akulenko managed to tell a beautiful story in her performance and kept the belly dance style completely intact.

Watch these beautiful ladies on youtube! I think you'll all like them. But first!!! Who are your favorite belly dancers?

Selene

I love Irina Akulenko! Will chek Alla Kushnir too :)

My favorites are:

Mia Shauri, she is an amazing and graceful dancer! And when she works with props it is always fantactic! I don't know how well known she is, although she has won several awards, but I remember her dance from the very first time I saw her in a belly dance festival here in Puerto Rico. After that I was just amazed and searched for videos and omg, what a fantastic dancer. Then, last december, during my dance's class end of the year party(it was also a showcase for the students and my very first time performing) she was there, she didnt dance but she was so nice. And after that Ive had some other oportunities to see her dancing :) If you check her on youtube, I recommend the video where she dances with a tambourine.

Rachel Brice, I just cant explain how much I love her dancing! the control she has over her body is insane, and she makes every move flow flawlessly! I just love watching her dance!

Samia Gamal, I don't think there is a belly dancer that doesnt know this name :) Samia was so incredibly amazing and beautiful, and I just love what she expressed while she danced. She inspires me so much to continue dancing and become a great dancer that feels the music.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Fahtiem. One of about 3 dancers whose dancing I use the word "Exquisite" to describe.
Alexandra King - one of about 2 teachers whose workshops I'll signup for "blind", in other words "Sign me up, by the way, what's the workshop about?".
Luv me some Rachel Brice too, and Stephen Eggers also dances her style.