Talk about monkey-cam :)

Safran

in India I worked together with a French dancer called Leela. Recently she posted a video of herself dancing, which she says summarises her India experience...

[video=youtube;bpxNY_wYDO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxNY_wYDO8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Shanazel

Oh, my. Poor Leela. The visual background gave me twinges of migraine and the background noise was enough to incite a dancer to rude gestures.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
OMFG! That poor dancer! I can only blame that seizure-inducing background as cause of the monkey (gorilla? baboon?) cam. Goddess only knows what was being said too! For some reason, thoughts of field artillery kept creeping into my brain watching this. That has got to be the biggest train wreck I've seen in years, if ever. Good dancer, terrible video.

Why do troglodyte camera operators think it adds something to the video to do stupidity like this? For that matter, ditto for whoever came up with that background - they should be shot! What were they thinking?

Safran

The background thing - this is India. They put so much money into stage lights, LED-screens, special effects (think of smoke, confetti-cannons, fireworks on stage etc.). Unfortunately they don't really use it all in a way that we would... I mean, with a little bit of planning, they could make amazing shows!!!

Oh yeah, and the stage surface itself is usually made of pieces of carpet, taped together. Because there is no point of taking care of what the audience does not see :lol::rolleyes:

Shanazel

I hate dancing on carpet. My smallest toes have double nails and once I caught the outside nail on uneven carpet with the result of tearing it completely off. Nothing jazzes up a performance like leaving bloody tracks on the floor.

Greek Bonfire

The talking while filming I thought was just too much. I also had a friend who was videotaping her in India and more than once she literally had to go after him to return the camera on her because they were all over the room filming everyone else. It was like a child with an adult toy.

Selene

omg whyyyyy?? poor dancer! her performance was lovely but that cam O.O and the noise and the background, ugh, what a nightmare
!

Farasha Hanem

>:/ Not only does her cameraman need smacked, so does her sound person! >:/ I don't know how or why he kept messing with the mike channels, but it was highly annoying to listen to with ear buds! >:/ The sound kept switching from one bud to the other in a way that MADE NO SENSE!!! AUDITORY VERTIGO!!! >:/

im going to see if I can find Leela on Facebook and give her a BIG cyber-hug.... >.>