Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You might like to try these simple stretches for a start, Ahava. Gentle at first, then gradually building up to find your own tolerable limit.

1. Standing with legs apart, then bending forward, trying to touch your feet as far as you can. Repeat three times.

2. Standing with legs apart, then bending backward, as far as you can. Repeat three times.

3. Standing with legs apart, then bending sideways. Repeat three times, doing each side of your body in turn.

4. Standing with legs apart, then twisting your torso, gently, as far as you can. First leftward, then rightward.

5. From standing position, lift your thighs with your legs bent at the knees, trying to touch your chest with your knee. Repeat five times. Start with left leg. Then repeat with right leg.

6. From standing position, lift your legs up, this time keeping the leg straight all the way to your foot, like you wanna wipe someone's face, who's taller than you, with the sole of your foot (just imagine it). Repeat five times. Start with left leg. Then repeat with right leg.

Right. There's your hip loosening session for da day. Better still, do it before & after every substantial dancing session. Then, see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I would strongly advise against 1 and 2. These will only work on "loosening" the vertebra in the lower back. In effect you are risking tearing of ligaments and possibly damaging your back. Safer to lie on the floor with your back supported and articulate one leg at a time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderation should be the key. If that is always adhered to, one would be fine. Moderate walking, at moderate speed, over moderate distance might help too. And gyrating gently with a hoop? Might wanna try that too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just started doing a lot more extra stretching than usual. and it does feel good and my hamstrings are much more flexible than right after knee surgery. they still aren't soft and flexible, but progress.

plus i got my yoga tuneup ballz and Ive been rolling on them almost daily.

it feels very good.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just make sure to guard against overstretching, cos you don't want all those gains that you've made to come to nought. Again, moderation & gentleness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12