Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shakira from Egypt

Seen Shakira the belly dancer? ... Nope, not Shakira the singer from Columbia, who does some belly dancing occasionally during her singing performances ... But Shakira the belly dancer from Egypt ...

She's got some cool moves, I reckon ... Great figure, too ... Enough to give Safinaz a good run for her money ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnZSozTOBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9elXflLPq-g

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but I don't like her at all!! She looks unprofessional, has bad aesthetic, stripper's costumes, and her moves do not show any tecnique. She just tries to be sexy and show her body. That's not a bellydancer, it's just a girl who likes to shake it, like so many others.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, wellll, uhhh...

Dream Hunter, what appeals to you about this dancer?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, okay, she might be a bit raw ... Got some rough edges that cud do with some polishing, perhaps ... But the main thing is, she's got da goods, dudes ... Like Safinaz

Love her ... I love her ... And so does her audience, it seems ...

Anetta, back there, in the native home of belly dancing, in the Levant, or the MENAT region if that's what you prefer, shakin it is what they do ...

With not only da men watching, but also da women and da kids, both boys & girls ... Nobody makes any apologies about it ... It is just, par for da course ... LOL
    Last edited by DreamHunter; 05-18-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bellydancing is not shaking "da goods" for "da men". It is an art, like ballet. It can be sensual and flirty but not in the way this girl dances! This can be done by anyone dancing in a club, this is not bellydancing!
    Safinaz on the other hand, althow she has a very sexy and juicy appearnce she does very controlled and small moves in order to appear more elegant. She is aware oh her body and has good technique. Therefore her chest moves, her shimmies, her hip moves are so controlled, sensual but not provocative. (The only provocative about Safinaz is her facial expressions I think, that's all).
    Shakira is not like Safinaz at all, but I am afraid that all you compare here is the "goods"

Post Thanks / Like

DreamHunter, with all due respect, if you keep salivating over girls in costumes with red handprints on butt and boobs and talking about da goods, people are unlikely to take your interest in belly dance seriously. There is nothing in the world wrong with exotic dance but this site is devoted to belly dance and I, for one, would prefer that people understand and respect the difference.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, come on. Lighten up, will ya ... Ain't such a major crime to admire & appreciate a woman's natural beauty, is it? ... While also enjoying & chilling with her dancing skills ...

It's like, if I were a woman who's into football (soccer), let's just say, and I enjoy watching Cristiano Ronaldo's game ... Now, if I were also to declare openly my admiration for his good looks, let's just say, that does not necessarily lessen or degrade my professional assessment of his pure footballing talents, right? ...

Thing is, many belly dancers also do exotic dancing, oriental dancing etc., and they even declare it in their resume ... and I, as a relative newbie, am still not so clear where the exact boundary lines between those actually lie ...

Anyway, tell you what ... I reckon that Shakira wud be the natural candidate to fill the vacuum created in Cairo, caused by the departure of Safinaz ... They're like casts from the same mould, IMHO ... Ya all just wait & see ...

Especially if she gets a good coach and/or mentor and/or manager, who cud help add in the gloss & iron out the gross, I actually see her natural talents getting her to better places ...
    Last edited by DreamHunter; 05-19-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You want to learn or you want to drool? As a relative newcomer, it might behoove you to look at videos posted by dancers here on the forum and read the comments instead of digging up hot girl videos and posting them with your own comments about shaking and goods.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, both, I guess ...

Learn while you yearn ... Yearn while you learn ...

Multi-tasking, ya know ...
    Last edited by DreamHunter; 05-20-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DreamHunter View Post
    Thing is, many belly dancers also do exotic dancing, oriental dancing etc., and they even declare it in their resume ... and I, as a relative newbie, am still not so clear where the exact boundary lines between those actually lie ...
    If you're a newbie to bellydance, then where did you get this information? Do you personally know many bellydancers? Have you worked professionally with any bellydancers? Did you look up this golden nugget of information on the Internet? Have you personally seen a bellydancer's resume? Or is this something you've just assumed?

To "clarify the boundaries," although there are some dancers out there who do perform other forms of dance besides bellydance, such as pole dancing and burlesque, this is not something that is standardized. Not all bellydancers perform both bellydance and "adult-oriented" dance genres (by the way, "Oriental dance" is not considered to belong to the latter. Oriental dance is good old Raqs Sharqui, which is the basis for bellydance).

We do not perform bellydance for "da men," to "shake our goods" for them (although there are a few dancers out there who use bellydance moves as part of their shtick). We study and perform bellydance because we are drawn to the beauty, culture, and joy of this dance. We don't go out there on the stage thinking, "Oooooooo, I wonder how many men in the audience I can make hot for me?" If a man can't keep his sexuality in check, then he's not very mature at all. IMNSHO.
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 05-20-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast