Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For achilles007

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

:d:d:d:d:d

EDIT: o.0 These were supposed to be smilies! 0__o

Anyway, I'm very glad you liked them! I saw in another thread that you are male, and I see that our dance siblings here have already told you about some wonderful male dancers. I'll see if I can find you some vids of them, to give you even more to be excited about!
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 10-05-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an interesting mini documentary about Tito Saif (I do want to say that I disagree with the narrator about men "just now shaking their hips"---dancing is very much a part of ME culture, and that includes the men):

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Tito Saif again:

Our own Tarik Sultan:

And our DaVid DaVidofScandinavia:

Jim Boz:

And our Zorba!

Last but not least, Al Hassan when he was a little boy!

I posted these videos so you could get ideas for costuming (keeping in mind cultural parameters within traditional styles of bellydance). I also posted these to give you encouragement and get you even MORE excited about dancing! Dancers come in all ages, shapes, and sizes; bellydance is for EVERYONE! Many hugs and best wishes to you!
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 10-05-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this one, it has to make you smile
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to find a decent bellydance to the music Al Atlal originally sung by Om Kalthom. I found a link to the orchestral version I totally love. This is one of my very fav pieces.
    http://www.frogtoon.com/Track/Cairo+Orchestra/Al+Atlal Hunt around you may find other versions.
    Also Mario Kirlis's Darigh Nur is a beautiful piece

~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    I posted this in another sub forum just a few moments ago, but it's worth reposting! Isn't Tarik Sultan FABULOUS???
    Forgive me for the question, but what is the name of the dance that Tarik is demonstrating in this YouTube clip?

He looks fantastic, and I want to pursue this.

The problem I am running into with my current classes is that much of the stylization is suited for very small, dainty petite dancers looking to take up as much space as possible via the flinging/straightening of arms in big, bold gestures. Which for someone with my frame -- 6'2'' with very long arms and legs-- it makes me comes off aesthetically ''loud'' and obnoxious.

I like how the cane Tarik is using helps to keep his hands occupied forcing the viewer to concentrate on the simple moves of his core first. Very simplistic yet sensual.

Pretty much exactly the style I was looking for in regards to something intimate, subtle, and ''inviting'' in a quiet way, like this dancer that I got from Kashmir's Beledi playlist.:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uII1idV4hQ
    Last edited by achilles007; 01-13-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12