Anyone else having trouble accessing the forum?

Daimona

It had a glitch a few hours ago (and it complained about database error or database connection error), nothing more. It happens from once in a while.

Shanazel

I've had considerable trouble. Thought you confessed to having broken it by posting too many videos, Farasha.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I can only access via google chrome - not my most fav browser. I am also getting a ton of ads on every page, I've just added an ad blocker to chrome & it seems to be working for the moment:)
~M

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
My passwords havn't worked for the last few months and the contact admin option always timed out. I finally got in by caving and contacting Salome personally though facebook.

Shanazel

I can just see you crawling on your tummy through rock passages, bedlah bedraggled, desperately seeking Salome to get you back into the forum.

(This image comes courtesy of having a husband who was once a professional caver. ;))

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Arun recently updated the forum software. I've sent him this thread to see if he can help us with these issues.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I still can't use Mozilla FF to visit the forum, it is really weird, it is now the only webpage that won't open, I just get the header & it is in purple whereas I always have it on green. Google chrome is normal except for the ads which I've blocked with an ad blocker.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 21

arun

Administrator
Hey, i am using firefox as my default browser without any issues, just make sure that you are on the latest version or do a re installation after making a backup. You should be add free now.

Cheers

Shanazel

I get the forum eventually but once here, I've experienced a lag time with typing. This has happened a couple of times before, isn't consistent (it is okay right now but just seconds ago, my last post skipped several letters at a time), and only happens on this forum.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hey, i am using firefox as my default browser without any issues, just make sure that you are on the latest version or do a re installation after making a backup. You should be add free now.

Cheers
I am using the latest version of FF, & have been reluctant to uninstall/reinstall, because of the addons etc, but I think I'll be forced too seeing I've tried everything else:(
~M

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I can just see you crawling on your tummy through rock passages, bedlah bedraggled, desperately seeking Salome to get you back into the forum.

(This image comes courtesy of having a husband who was once a professional caver. ;))

HAHAHAHA!!! Ok that visualization just made my day. :)

On another note, I use firefox fine to access the forum but I'm updated to the most recent version and always clear my cookies and cache every so often. That sometimes causes conflicts especially if the forum has been updated yet you have old cookies and files in your cache.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
HAHAHAHA!!! Ok that visualization just made my day. :)

On another note, I use firefox fine to access the forum but I'm updated to the most recent version and always clear my cookies and cache every so often. That sometimes causes conflicts especially if the forum has been updated yet you have old cookies and files in your cache.

I always have the latest version, also clear cache/cookies etc, but have no idea why it decided not to like the forum:)

I ended up uninstalling FF & reinstalling ( which was a pain because I to install my addons again) It sort of works with forum now, but sometimes just hangs when loading pages, so I get fed up & use chrome for the forum most of the time now.
~M

Mosaic

Super Moderator
No - no problem for me. Try clearing your cache/cookies, sometimes that helps to clear glitches.
~Mosaic