Selling Costumes - Gypsy, Mermaid, Faux Assuit, Red Velvet

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Who made the red gypsy skirt? Looks like it might be an L.Rose? How old is it, and how good of condition is it other than needing elastic?

DancingLight108

Red Velvet Skirt

Who made the red gypsy skirt? Looks like it might be an L.Rose? How old is it, and how good of condition is it other than needing elastic?

Hi Zorba,

The red skirt doesn't have a label I bought it at a festival a couple of years ago but only wore it once. I have a small waist and it doesn't have a string to pull it tighter so I took the elastic out but never replaced it so it ready for any size dancer and it's in great condition. I love the red crushed velvet but life has changed and I no longer dance.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Hi Zorba,

The red skirt doesn't have a label I bought it at a festival a couple of years ago but only wore it once. I have a small waist and it doesn't have a string to pull it tighter so I took the elastic out but never replaced it so it ready for any size dancer and it's in great condition. I love the red crushed velvet but life has changed and I no longer dance.

I'm a 38-40" waist, and about 44" at the hips. Or in size numbers I'm generally a 14-16, except when I'm a 2X! Or a 10! Don't ask me...:lol:

Oh, and what's the length? Is it a "standard" 36 inch?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I have a red vest that may or may not work with this skirt. If so, great! If not...

I guess I'll just have to come up with one! :dance:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Yea - if I can get it paid for. PayPal has gone to some BS Apple-Esque low contrast payment page that isn't working for me for some reason.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
No, no - it was a PayPal invoice. I had gone to send her the money from my end, and PayPal had a new payment screen that I couldn't get to work for whatever reason. I don't know if I was missing something looking at the low contrast grey on white Apple-esque color scheme, or if it was just broken, or if I was just stupid - but no joy. So the OP sent me a PayPal invoice that I was actually able to pay - the skirt is on its way!

Shanazel

Dude. Are you kidding me? You're a belly dancer. Find something. Posthaste. Throw some bling on top of the practice top and call it good.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Dude. Are you kidding me? You're a belly dancer. Find something. Posthaste. Throw some bling on top of the practice top and call it good.

I actually have it in hand as of today, the waist elastic is going to be a bit more of a challenge than I'd like - but nothing insurmountable. I may also need to flounce it, won't know for sure until I get the elastic changed out.

Beautiful crushed velvet!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Ok, just for Shanazel who for some reason wanted pictures, here are two of the worst ones I've ever taken:

DSC05500.jpgDSC05501.jpg

Bad pose, bad angle, non-matching nails, no makeup, hair's a disaster, etc, etc, etc.

And yea, its gonna need a flounce - I have some identical fabric in hot fuchsia, will look spectacular with a flounce!

Shanazel

I like seeing costumes in the making rather than just the end results so I thank you for indulging me.

A fuchsia flounce. Ooo, then you'll need fuchsia accents on hip band and top as well. But aren't you afraid that red and fuchsia might be too subtle?