A view of your country

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Glad to see you back even if it is just a keep in touch. So sorry to hear about the fibro, I sure hope you are managing it OK, my hand is up as another diagnosed with it when my arthritis escalated after a couple of traumatic events nearly 3 years ago. It is a nasty thing for sure but we keep on keeping on:D
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Daim, your Norway video looks a lot like the south Island of NZ, which is often referred to as the Scandinavia of the southern hemisphere, but you have more snow <brrrrrr>. It is beautiful though. I would love to see the northern lights, it looks amazing.
~M

Darshiva

Glad to see you back even if it is just a keep in touch. So sorry to hear about the fibro, I sure hope you are managing it OK, my hand is up as another diagnosed with it when my arthritis escalated after a couple of traumatic events nearly 3 years ago. It is a nasty thing for sure but we keep on keeping on:D
~Mosaic

Me too. Turns out it's the reason I've had near constant pain & fatigue since childhood.

Shanazel

Shan, what is the round stone thing? , big country your State of Wyoming
~M

That is called the Medicine Wheel and is located at almost 10,000 feet above sea-level on Sheep Mountain in the Big Horn Mountains. It's around 700 years old, sacred to some Native American tribes, thought to be some kind of a solar thingie, but that's what people say whenever they don't really have a clue, so I don't know if it is or not. It is only accessible during the summer and overlooks the Big Horn Basin. I went up there once by myself during a raging electric storm with hail, which sounds and is a pretty dumb thing to do. Went anyway because I had driven a long way and what the heck, hmm? I had just reached the wheel, when the clouds opened and a single ray of sunshine lit up the wheel. Storms still all around but sunlight on the Medicine Wheel. It lasted until I walked away. Cloud closed up, sun disappeared, and I had a mile hike in the hail and rain back to the car.

Daimona

Thanks Diamona. You're making me want to visit Norway.

You're welcome. If you ever plan to go here, do let me now. :)

Daim, your Norway video looks a lot like the south Island of NZ, which is often referred to as the Scandinavia of the southern hemisphere, but you have more snow <brrrrrr>. It is beautiful though. I would love to see the northern lights, it looks amazing.
~M

Where I live, it's approximately half a metre of snow now.

A colleague of mine is a great photographer posted this photo on https://500px.com/aziz_nasuti yesterday (go to his profile to see more amazing pics):

© Aziz Nazuti

Ariadne

You're welcome. If you ever plan to go here, do let me now. :)

Absolutely. Unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath though; trips overseas just aren't in the budget right now. That and Hubby HATES the cold. Well it hates him back to be honest. There's a reason he wants to live in a desert. If finances ever change though I have a check list of countries I want to see and he may just have to deal. :whistle: :D

Speaking of lists, Vietnam is on there too along with Japan, Scotland, New Zealand (Hobbiton!), and.... (etc etc)

Shanazel

My fantasy overseas trip involves free passage in and around Ireland, Scotland, England, and Norway, including the Hebrides, Orkneys, and Shetlands. Of course getting free passage, literally, is the only way I'll ever be able to afford it. ;)