Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, since my last post on this thread, it got warmer and started to rain. Most of the snow disappeared, but then temperatures dropped below zero (and it was still raining). The last couple of days air temperature close to the ground have been below the freezing point. It was supposed to snow, but somewhere between the snowdropping skies and the ground, the snow melted to rain. It is still below 0C closer to the ground, and you guessed it. We've got freezing rain making all the roads and pavements rather slippery.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Drive carefully Daimona.

Here the temperatures during the day have staying between 50-60F but as of tonight it's over. We're facing two days of rain (weather advisories for any roads over 8000) followed by a ten degree drop in temperature. I don't actually currently own a coat... Looks like I need to go shopping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Drive carefully Daimona.
    Thank you, Ariadne.
    Driving carefully is one thing. Walking carefully is equally or maybe even more important, which is a tiny detail I learned the hard way and had to spend Monday evening at the ER. *sigh*

Here the temperatures during the day have staying between 50-60F but as of tonight it's over. We're facing two days of rain (weather advisories for any roads over 8000) followed by a ten degree drop in temperature. I don't actually currently own a coat... Looks like I need to go shopping.
    Why don't you make one?
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Snowing here. Drove home from our daughter's police academy graduation this afternoon. Roads weren't nearly as bad as expected and I hope they'll be decent tomorrow since our daughter-in-law and grandsons are driving home from Alabama via the same roads tomorrow. Everyone be careful!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Thank you, Ariadne.
    Driving carefully is one thing. Walking carefully is equally or maybe even more important, which is a tiny detail I learned the hard way and had to spend Monday evening at the ER. *sigh*
    Dare I ask what happened?

Why don't you make one?
    When I first read this my thought was "but by the time I finish I won't need it anymore." After a few days though the idea has grown on me. I am so making my own winter coat. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We have climbed into positive numbers! 14 degrees feels quite cozy.

Photos of new coat will be required. I'm making a black antari with Yemenite embroidery for a presentation I'm supposed to give at the college in February. Have exactly enough cotton/linen blend in the stash... if I am very, very frugal with the layout.

Hmm. Maybe we need a sewing thread.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Dare I ask what happened?
    The classical injury on the ice: a strained ankle. Thank God for years of dancing giving me strong ankles, otherwise bones might have been broken and not just the ligaments. I'm working on a program for strengthening and healing it now (rather close to some of the moves I've used in dance preparation and practice as well).

When I first read this my thought was "but by the time I finish I won't need it anymore." After a few days though the idea has grown on me. I am so making my own winter coat. Thanks.
    You're welcome!
    I had a feeling you couldn't resist the challenge.

Ah.. yes, the weather.
    Temperatures rose app. 10 degrees yesterday, and combined with some heavy rain, most of the ice where I live is now gone! Yay!
    Last edited by Daimona; 12-19-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Twenty degrees F with 35-40 mph wind and gusts of 60 mph. That's in the regular part of town. Add ten mph for our area. We don't drive on the highway south of us in these conditions. If the car you're in doesn't blow off the road, you'll run into the high profile semi as it tips over and slide toward you. The latter happened to friend a few years ago. Nope, no highway for us this time of year.

Glad the accident wasn't any worse, Dai. Our museum director broke her ankle ice skating a couple of weeks ago. Big mess; required surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto, I'm really glad it wasn't worse.

You're welcome!
    I had a feeling you couldn't resist the challenge.
    ... Ummm, yeah. You were right. lol

A sewing thread for non BD things could be a lot of Fun Shanazel. I'm game if you are.

Post Thanks / Like

I am. Would you like to do the honors and start it since your coat brought the subject up?