Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I was frickin' CRUSHED, Ariadne, but not nearly as crushed as my lilacs are going to be. Wind is 35 mph- hurricane force by south Texas standards. Think I'll stay inside and sew.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

It's snowing again and this time it isn't just a few flurrys, it's sticking and still coming... In the first week of January. I thought that the weather was back on track when it was quite temperate at the beginning of the week (40-50F) but it looks like I was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Temperature has crept a few degrees above zero once in a while since I've been home, but it has crept considerably below as well. The walls of the snow cut on my route to work are a good three to six feet deep thanks to wind drifts. Five degrees above right now but it's supposed to climb to 45 degrees for a few minutes on Wednesday. Woo-hoo! Break out the shorts and tank tops!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

(Any chance we can get these last three posts moved to a new thread for 2017?)

On Friday we had a windstorm. Now I'm used to winds in March, we get them every year, but this was something special. As we were driving past an area where new construction is being built and the top layer of soil had been bulldozed the wind was picking up the dust in sheets like a miniature sandstorm out of a Mummy film. Then as we approached St. George from the East we looked ahead to see the city enveloped by a brown cloud to a height of probably a good hundred feet. (St. George lies in a valley which contained the dust cloud like a bowl.) The wind was strong enough that it toppled a power line causing traffic lights to go out all over town- causing massive backups in traffic at key intersections. Then, as the final topper, it started to rain... mud. We came out from our visit to find our car covered in streaks of mud from the rain passing through the dirt cloud on it's way down.

There are moments when I wish I had a professional camera to take pictures and capture them to share. This was definitely one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wowser!

I'll find the thread's moderator and see what can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Costa Blanca, Spain.
    25 C and sunny with a mild breeze.
    *Time to go swimming in the gentle mediterranean waves*
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

No luck reaching mod to change dates. Sorry.

Ooooooo. Spain. Mediterranean. Waves. Envy.

Pretty nice weather here, though. High 60s, gentle breeze, and sunshine the combination of which allowed me to get a pile of gardening done.

Post Thanks / Like

What if we start a new thread and then just link to them in the first post?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a try. World weather 2017 coming up.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213