The weather around the world 2016

Ariadne

Well spring is here but I have been informed that our last frost is actually mid March so it's time to pre-start my garden inside. It's basically sweater weather... for us. Mid 70's (F).

Shanazel

Sunshine, reasonably warm (49 degrees!!!) but this already strong, steady wind is supposed to morph into higher winds of 45 mph sustained with gusts of 65 mph+. The accompanying cold front is liable to put an end to our relatively balmy temperatures.

Daimona

So after a month of spring and some flowers finally daring to show their colors, winter came back while we were asleep and everything is covered with snow. *sigh*

Aniseteph

Snow? Eek. Hope it's not heading south, though the cold wind definitely is. It was lovely and warm here a couple of days ago, warm enough to wonder if the winter coat needs retiring for the season. Nope.

At least we are having sunshine occasionally. I didn't realise how much I'd missed sunshine.

Daimona

Snow? Eek. Hope it's not heading south, though the cold wind definitely is. It was lovely and warm here a couple of days ago, warm enough to wonder if the winter coat needs retiring for the season. Nope.

I barely thought of the same last week... nope, no chance. No need to stop wearing wool quite yet.

Btw, how many of you have dance costumes made from wool? I do - I made one some years ago for an outdoor performance in December.

And the sun shines in between - giving much needed light and warmth if you are inside and it shines through a window, but temperatures outside are 0-5C.

Shanazel

We had the World's Most Perfect Weather yesterday: 80 degrees, a few attractive clouds in the sky, and just enough breeze to make it very pleasant. My son and I took advantage of it and went on a horseback ride. We planned a Tuesday horse trip to a favorite place about 75 miles from here but it looks like the weather might not be so great on Tuesday: lower fifties, possible showers, and wind. Last week, snow covered everything.

Springtime in the Rockies.

Roshanna

The weather here at the moment is pleasant but chilly, but we're getting random (and unseasonal) heavy snow/sleet/hail showers every now and again. Yesterday I got caught in quite a heavy snow shower on my lunchtime walk whilst I could still see blue sky around in every direction - there was just a ferocious small grey snow cloud floating over me :shok:

Shanazel

Snow and rain since Sunday. Snow and rain predicted for the rest of the week. Springtime in the Rockies. We had thunder snow yesterday.

Shanazel

Official weather report.

Today

44° 31°

Afternoon showers
Humidity:70%
Cloud Coverage:98%
Wind:E at 15 mph
Chance of Snow:16%
UV Index:3 Moderate
Sunrise:06:01:53 am
Sunset:08:05:02 pm
Today

Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers in the afternoon. High 44F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tonight

Rain and snow showers in the evening transitioning to snow showers overnight. Thunder possible. Low 31F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Snowfall around one inch.
Tomorrow

Rain mixed with snow. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.

Shanazel

We finally have great late spring weather: temps in the upper 70s and lower 80s, sunshine with some evening clouds and a small chance of rain later on. Did not think warm weather was ever going to arrive. It was cold for most of May.

Daimona

We've had some weeks of nice and warm - until last night when temperatures dropped almost dramatically. At least it is still partly sunny - just - not - warm... *sigh*

Shanazel

Aww. Come and see me in Wyoming, Daimona. I'll find you geologic wonders in a climate that has got to be better than the one you now inhabit.

Shanazel

Are things recovered somewhat from the earthquakes? If the answer is, "Hell, no, what are you thinking?" please forgive me; that level of quake is completely out of my realm of experience. I do think of you down there quite often.

Selene

It feels like summer all the time here in the caribbean yet that doesnt mean it is perfect. Right now, in the actual summer the rain season is starting too, and with the rain forest type of climate in Puerto Rico it can get pretty humid, like these past weeks >< oh gosh I love the hot weather but the humidity makes everything sticky and it feels even hotter >< it would be fine if I was just going to the office and home, but with the dance classes in a non air conditioned place, we are sweating more than usual XD

ohhh and the mosquitoes!!! Anyway what this weather is really great for is for the beach!

Shanazel

My daughter and I have been talking about visiting Puerto Rico. What time of year has the best weather balanced by the lowest number of tourists?

Darshiva

Australia is pretty scary at the moment. I think I must live in the only place on the eastern half of Australia that isn't currently flooded or recovering from flood.

Aniseteph

Just as I clicked onto this thread it started chucking it down with rain outside! Although it has been threatening all day, so I do not have to do the mad scramble to get the washing in.

We had a couple of weeks of nice warm sunny early summer weather - that and the rain are making the garden even more wild than ever. I don't want to do to much tidying though because the bees are clearly having a great time out there. We have even got a bees nest in our birdbox, but I think they are the wrong kind for honey. When I pruned a few bits off the shrub near it they got a bit stroppy :shok: so I am leaving them to it. It's a small box.