The weather around the world 2016

Shanazel

We've had pretty nice weather around here. Tomorrow we leave for a few days on the Georgia coast where temps in the high 80s and low 90s are predicted with something like 75% humidity. Comparison: our humidity here is 23% as I write.

Shade and ice tea, here I come. ;)

Selene

My daughter and I have been talking about visiting Puerto Rico. What time of year has the best weather balanced by the lowest number of tourists?

I would say spring, but winter is almost as good. In winter specially there is nearly no rain and the beaches are still warm, but they are still fantastic. The nights are very fresh and there is not much humidity. But my favorite is spring, the weather is just perfect and more stable also there are many food festivals, flower festivals and even fruit have festivals. There is plenty of fish especially during easter. Spring has less tourists here, winter has the most followed by summer (according to me XD)

Selene

No problem :)

I was trying to think of belly dance festivals during spring so you could add that to the list if you wanted to, but most festivals in here are in fall/winter (from october to december) but hey there is one in Dominican Republic in April :)

Ariadne

The mornings are nice right now until 9:30am or so but we're edging closer to 110F in the early afternoon (assuming we didn't hit it when I wasn't looking).
Spring was unusually temperate with actually rain showers on a off again on again basis so the pollen has been killer until just a few weeks ago.

Happy belated Solstice to all those who celebrate it. :)

Daimona

A nice summerday.
Currently (at 22:46) 20 C, light rain from dark skies, yet sunny and a mild breeze.

Shanazel

Our temps have been in the nineties during the day and mid-forties at night. We're joining some friends tomorrow for a weekend in the mountains. Guess I better take everything from a swimsuit to a parka, hmmm?

Darshiva

Australia just turned into Antarctica this weekend. Soooo grateful we've got our heating sorted and we are NOT!!! living in Nhill anymore. That house couldn't handle temps below 10C and it's currently hovering at 5C now in the middle of the day. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Ariadne

Happy Forth of July! It's nice this morning, mostly because the fires that have surrounded us and filled the air in our valleys with pollution the last few weeks are mostly out. :D
I can live with the 115F temperatures as long as I can breath!

Shanazel

Happy Fourth to you, too. We just got home from watching the fireworks half an hour or so ago. It was cool enough that a blanket draped over bare shoulders felt pretty good.

Daimona

The warmest day around here so far this summer. It is already 29C in the shadows (not common around here and I'm certainly not used to it ). At least I was able to take the day off from work and spend it by the sea (and it won't take long until I'll be submerged in it).

Aniseteph

Hope you had a nice cooling dip!

We've had a ludicrously hot week too. Tuesday was the worst, hitting 30°C and above in places. It got progressively hotter and hotter at work (no proper aircon in my office and window opens about 5cm max, and no fan). On Wednesday morning it was cooler and breezier outside, but the office took the whole day to think about maybe perhaps getting with the program and cooling down :mad:. Fortunately I did not have to be there yesterday or today; maybe by Monday it will be OK again.

It's cooler today and overcast, and I spent an hour doing ballet (well, trying) in a studio with positively arctic aircon. Then sauna, steam room, pool etc. as a treat because I had already done my physio exercises the day before. Lovely.

Ariadne

It's just hot. Full stop... :mad:

There's an old joke here comparing the weather in the summer to Hell and how it might be cooler there.

Shanazel

[h=1]Casper, WY[/h] as of 3:45 pm MDT

95[SUP]°[/SUP]
Sunny
feels like 95[SUP]°[/SUP]
H -- L 58[SUP]°[/SUP]

WindW 7 mph
Humidity8%
Dew Point 23[SUP]°[/SUP]
Pressure29.88 in
Visibility10.0 mi
UV Index6 of 10

Right Now

Ariadne

Ignore my previous post, the rainy season is here... a month early. At a time of year that is traditionally the hottest of the year we instead have nightly rainshowers.

Have I mentioned I love the rain?

Shanazel

I love rain, too, probably because it is so rare where I live.

We're watching the weather for Red Lodge on Monday; my son and daughter-out-law are getting married outside that day. So far, it looks good- mostly sunny, 79 degrees, gentle breeze. Of course, it could change any second.

Been hot and sunny here but this morning felt like fall.