The weather around the world 2016

Shanazel

Where are you? You've said before but I can't recall.

54 degrees F here with a gentle wind. It rained this afternoon- a gully washer with hail in some areas. High temp was 78 degrees F. Very pleasant.

Daimona

I'm currently app. 146 km north of the Arctic circle and staying in a tent. As long as we stay in the sun it is nice and warm, but the temperature drops a lot at sunset. I guess it is approximately 8 C right now.

LatinoDanceWears

Where are you? You've said before but I can't recall.

54 degrees F here with a gentle wind. It rained this afternoon- a gully washer with hail in some areas. High temp was 78 degrees F. Very pleasant.

Hello, I'm from Hanoi, Vietnam. It's so cool at the moment, the temperature is about 28 degrees C. :)

Shanazel

I suppose that is cool for Viet Nam. My daughter plans to visit Viet Nam sometime in the next few years. What time of year is nicest there?

LatinoDanceWears

I'm so glad to hear that. It's considered as the best time to our country from September to November. It's autumn, the weather is so cool, just about 25 - 30 degrees C. It's sunny at noon, but it's cool in the morning and evening. There are a lot of street foods to enjoy at that time. Welcome your daughter to our country. :)

Ariadne

Well the weather has been unseasonably cool for this month, it is really nice. Cool to mildly warm days with frequent rain showers at night. You would think it was late Sept-early October. I am sooo not complaining, it's just strange.

Last edited:

Shanazel

That's why it's so beautifully green there, hmm? We've had a lot of rain for Wyoming but you'd probably laugh to see what we consider a lot of rain. Things have cooled off and fall is definitely in the air. I'm coming to terms with the loss of summer and hoping for a long Indian summer in lieu. NOT ready for freezes and snow. The highway department closed Beartooth Pass this weekend because of snow. It usually stays open until mid-October.

Daimona

Today, somewhere above the Arctic circle, 3 C and rain. Fresh snow above 500 m.a.s.l.
Autumn is coming, no doubt.

Daimona

Shan: add soaking wet of drizzling rain.

And a couple of days later in the capitol, app. 20 C. and partly cloudy... feels almost too warm (I'm still dressed in wool, waiting at the airport...)

Daimona

Autumn is here, no doubt about that. The nature is dressed in beautiful colours - all shades of green and yellow and red to brown. If I had known how to make a nice costume with all these nice colours, I would have done so, but so far all my attemps on the drawing board haven't even been close to it.
The last week, the weather has simply been wonderful. A bit cold, but nothing that isn't normal this time of the year. We just started getting frost on the ground during nights. The first rays of the sun hitting the frozen green grass, yellow-brown-red leaves making them shimmer when you pass by...

Shanazel

What a lovely description, Dai! Thank you. We had our first snow last night and and now are officially in Indian Summer. This has been a beautiful autumn, perfect for end of season gardening and land work. Don't know if I'll get my patio and walkway finished before winter but I have gotten most of the yard put to bed.

Ariadne

Fall is officially here, it's raining, and not that summer rain we get sometimes either. It's a slow-long-lasting rain complete with thunder. I love this time of year.

Daimona

Fall is officially here, it's raining, and not that summer rain we get sometimes either. It's a slow-long-lasting rain complete with thunder. I love this time of year.

Thanks for the heads-up. The rain will hit us the next couple of days as well, ending the dryest fall in my life time (according to the weather statistics for my local area). I've been enjoying it as long as it lasted.

:think: would it be possible to make a sort of veil out of some lightweight non-colour see-through fabric with small yellow birch leaves attached to it to simulate whirling leaves while dancing? (my best idea for costume part based on an autumn theme so far)

Ariadne

That could be really cool.

Birch is one of those plants that they make really nice artificial leaves of from silk too. Since the hardest part would be attaching the leaves to the veil having fabric leaves might let you just sew them on.

If you make the costume can we hope for pictures?