Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The weather around the world 2016

After some weeks of rather cold and dry weather, temperatures are now just below the freezing point and it is snowing.

Mmm.. nice... finally real winter!
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had your Norwegian winter because Earl, the Wyoming weather god, has been on sabbatical and Lena, the Norwegian weather goddess, has been sitting in. Thank goodness she is back where she belongs. A little bit of frigid weather is nicely seasonal but really, we're ready for the annual January thaw.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I've just got back from a trip to Bergen, Norway and the weather was gorgeous - Heavy snow on the first day, then cold, clear and sunny for the weekend. I'm told this is highly unusual and it usually just rains all the time there, so we got really lucky... Back in the UK now, and it's cold and crispy here too at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

Seconding that the UK is cold at the mo, making up for our unfeasibly warm December. No snow here, but we have a Yellow Weather Warning of maybe freezing fog. I might hibernate tomorrow until it is warmer. (Friday, apparently).

Post Thanks / Like

Here it can't decide if it's cold, or freezing and wet. It's all about the layers.

Post Thanks / Like

Snowing since about 4:30 this afternoon. The ground was warm enough to melt the first snow then that melt water froze and got covered with more snow. Slick, you betcha. Glad I came home from Denver last night instead of tonight. The roads in Colorado were all dry then just outside of Laramie the road went from perfectly dry on the south slope to perfect black ice and snow on the north side. Looked like someone drew a line between dry and frozen. Ground blizzards were fierce. It could only be worse tonight.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

We'd been out of the area for two and a half years, living in some truly dry regions of Australia, so I've been completely weirded out by the local definition of 'drought'. In the 5 months that we've been here, we've had more rain than the entire 2.5 years combined. Where we were living before (in Nhill) this is enough rain to cause panic.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

The weather report from Hell is damn wet and pretty windy tonight (strong gale).
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops! Presumed it would be snowing in Hell. Wrong again. Windy here, too. In our area, we have 40 mph sustained winds with gusts to 70 mph. Typical January weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm... It's been really nice here the last few days. All I need is a light sweater and a scarf outside and most of you would probably think it was late spring/summer.

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast