Testimonial for Eshta Oriental Dance Adventure in Luxor

Asra*

I recently returned from an unforgettable trip to Egypt, made possible by a couple of amazing women. I wanted to post testimonials about both of their dance tours because they deserve it, and because I was not able to find any such information when I was booking my trip and had to make a "leap of faith". If anyone is thinking of booking either of these tours - DO IT!!! You will not regret it!

I will be making a seperate post for each testimonial. If anyone wants to message me or post questions, please feel free.

The first is for Eshta - Oriental Dance Adventure in Luxor

This tour is run by Simone, a European dancer who runs dance events in Egypt several times a year.

I took this tour in March 2016 and had an amazing time! As a dancer herself, Simone knows how to show you Egypt the right way. We danced to live music almost every night at local cabarets and parties, took folkloric and oriental dance classes with excellent instructors, and had a chance to see real local talent perform. I will never forget meeting and dancing with Khayreyya Mazin!

And we did not just dance! Simone tailored the tour for our group of first-timers to Egypt. With Simone and her husband Saber as our guides we visited historic sites such as the Valley of Kings and Hatshepsut Temple. We strolled through local markets, sailed down the Nile, ate amazing Egyptian food and were treated to a few surprises as well! The Gezira Garden hotel where we stayed was a little piece of heaven and a perfect place to relax in between excursions and dancing.

If you love Egyptian dance and are interested in learning more about Egyptian culture, this is the trip for you. Simone has the experience and local contacts to make the trip truly special. I got to see Luxor as more than just a tourist - I was able to spend time getting to know the instructors and so many gracious and friendly Egyptian people. Truly, I could never have arranged a trip like this on my own. Thank you so much to Simone and Saber for making my time in Luxor unforgettable! I am already planning my next visit :)

Andrea Shewel (Asra)
Winnipeg, Canada