Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Idea Dance Challenge: Post your own dance interpretation of Aattemya Layl! :-)

Official Dance Challenge Song: Aattemya Layl! Post video of your own dance interpretation. :-)

(Spotify link here where you can listen for free -https://open.spotify.com/album/2srLQVOY35dvehNh8hSvbB)

Also You can get the mp3 here for 89 cents: https://www.amazon.com/Aattemya-Layl/dp/B003I0RQTM

Or the whole album here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Some of us on Bhuz would intermittently choose a song, then each of us would work on our own presentation of that song and post video to the thread. Sometimes we post before and after video clips, sometimes just after. It doesn't have to be a formal presentation either, a living room improv is accepted. It is just great to see how different people interpret the same music. We can post videos of other dancers who inspire us on that song also.

Now that Bhuz has disappeared, I'd like to do that again, however, I don't want to do it on facebook, so I'm hoping some of you might be game? (We can recruit from facebook if you know a friend who might like to join.)

If you are interested, feel free to nominate a song!

I'll throw a couple out there: Set el Hosn, or Edalla ala Kefak :-)
    Last edited by Shems; 06-10-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely idea! I'll look forward to seeing the results though I don't dance much myself anymore. My class is dancing to Ask Hik Bitmez right now so I can offer up a video of that some time.

So happy to have you back, Shems, especially with a load of new ideas in tow.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! And I'd love to see the piece your class is working on. We'll see if anybody bites on this challenge. If not, I might just have to do it by myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Fine! I'll be an appreciative audience.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

The challenges are one of the things from Bhuz that I miss, so I'd be interested. I'm fundamentally a Baladi girl, so I'd probably opt for Edalla ala Kefak, if I had the chance. I'm guessing there are a billionty different versions of that song!

Post Thanks / Like

I will just go with whatever song you all choose I'm working with Kamel el Awsaf at the moment, with a performance in a few weeks, but I fear that if it becomes more of a 'project' then I'll put too much pressure on myself (actually, I am already putting too much pressure on myself - but probably shouldn't add more ).

I did my first shamadan piece to 'Edella ala Kifuk' before Christmas, so if that's the project, it might give me some motivation to get that back out and polish it up a bit more (the shamadan *and* my dance!) - I wasn't very happy with the video of my performance, it looked a bit unsteady and rough around the edges (me, not the videography), and I haven't made it public, but I could post it as an unlisted video to do a before and after.

Another idea - I'd love to do a project where we all danced to pieces from the album 'Bil Afrah', which I'm currently quite obsessed with. (Spotify link here where you can listen for free - https://open.spotify.com/album/2srLQVOY35dvehNh8hSvbB)

Post Thanks / Like

cool - it sound like we have a go - we'll work out the details shortly I'm sure. The idea of using an album instead of a particular song is an interesting one...I'll respond when I've gotten a chance to give it a good listen.

Post Thanks / Like

And for those without Spotify you can listen to it on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZIcL6dvkgG4

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I've been listening to the album, and it is great! However, I personally would really like it if we work on the same song. Can pick a song off of this album that we all do? Perhaps one of you would like to nominate a favorite?

The ones speaking to me the most right now on this album are Raksat Tahiat and Akhood Habibi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shems View Post
    Ok, I've been listening to the album, and it is great! However, I personally would really like it if we work on the same song. Can pick a song off of this album that we all do? Perhaps one of you would like to nominate a favorite?

The ones speaking to me the most right now on this album are Raksat Tahiat and Akhood Habibi.
    My current favourite is Aattemya Layl, but I also very much like your choices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast