Talk to me about falls...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'm contemplating a hair fall, so I can have that beautiful waist length hair I've always wanted (for performing). Any wisdom/advice?

Shanazel

I wore a wig and a fall at different times of my life. Learning to pin them down is essential but they can be fun. I don't know what is available now, but I'd suggest what used to be called a cupcake fall which is sort of like a half wig. More secure, looks more natural. Pictures are requested once your Rapunzel transformation takes place.

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Do you have pictures? I can Google - but would rather have someone in the know point me...

I've only worn a "wiglet" in an updo a couple of times.

Shanazel

I don't have photos but I looked it up and apparently what I knew as a cupcake fall is now called a half wig. Here is a site with a photo. It is a hair piece with a half-cap that fits over the back top of your head and leaves your own hair exposed at the front. This differs from a fall where the hair is attached to something like a comb that is attached to the top of your head, allowing the hair to fall around your skull from this small base.
http://www.voguewigs.com/137h-wiglet-hairpiece-look-of-love.html?gclid=CIC0juyyjcwCFYU2aQod1bcI_Q

Zumarrad

Have you considered extensions, or those clip in ones if you don't want them all the time? One of the reasons I won't wear a wig is my hatred of a hot head and obviously they don't operate like real hair when you move, because they're sitting on top of your real hair. With extensions you've got your own hair, plus the extra length and volume.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
So what's the difference between "clip in extensions" and a fall? Edumacate me please...

Shanazel

A fall is a single clump of hair that attaches to one's head, usually at the crown. Hair extensions are individual strands that clip to one's existing hair in multiple places.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
After a discussion with a "dance mother" of mine, she strongly suggested going with a full wig.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'll probably stick with something close to my current color: Henna over auburn.

I always carry a fan, maybe I need to upgrade to a bucket of ice water! :think:

Shanazel

A fan and an elegant enameled bottle of sal volatile for those moments when the heat makes you feel faint.

I don't just want photos. I want a video.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Hey, a video of you wearing a corset is good, too.

No video, but here is my "Elegant Gothic Brolita" outfit, can't wear it without a corset:

brolita-sideways.jpg

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Something is majorly hosed with posting a link tonite - although I finally got that one to work. Then it wanted to hotlink the entire post. Anyway, the basic outfit is from RetroScope; the shirt, skirt, and parasol. Everything else is from other suppliers, and as a result of this outfit, I'm now in the bustle pillow business! The petticoat was an adventure in itself!