Talk to me about falls...

Shanazel

I'm holding out for a wide parasol with a sword in the handle but some of those are pretty cute. I bought a great big umbrella with garden flowers on it from a second hand store in the Ozarks and use it when I go for a walk. Too many years in the sun have lead to some skin problems and the days of full sun exposure are over.

Shanazel

Thank you, but no, thank you. I spent my formative years properly encased in a panty girdle and never expect to voluntarily wear anything that makes me feel like a sausage in a casing again.

Reminds me: I had some medieval reenactment female jump all over me a while back because of a comment I made about how uncomfortable various forms of corsets look. Bless her heart, she defended those garments like I'd insulted her first born child's appearance in the Miss Texas contest. Told me I had a nerve criticizing them when I'd obviously never worn one, insisted that properly made corsets are as comfortable as a silk slip, and that it was simply a matter of learning not to bend at the waist while wearing one which is healthier for a person's back anyway.

I've rarely been so entertained. :)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I won't say mine's as comfortable as a silk slip, but I will say that I was surprised that it is as comfortable as it is. It really isn't bad, once you re-learn how to breathe! :lol: And sit. And walk. And eat. And go to the bathroom. And drive. And you gotta figure out the correct order to put things on, because once you're laced up, you're not touching your feet anytime soon! It does pay to get a good one made by a good corsetiere - mine knew how to make one for the male form and I can wear it all day without undue duress - although I wouldn't want to wear it *every* day! Its an underbust for obvious reasons - overbust makes zero sense for males, although they are made.

I had to get mine because of my poochy belly - not fat thank Goddess, but just the way I'm shaped. Couldn't fit well into that costume before. I wore it to work a couple of years ago for halloween - some wise guy thought he'd poke me in the belly. Didn't bother me, but it sort of hurt his hand! Surprise!

Greek Bonfire

I've been coveting that whole costume, as Zorba knows that I adored it on sight. Zorba, did you talk to Sophia about wigs? She wore them for many years (even though she had plenty of her own long hair). In her time, all dancers wore wigs even if they had the waist length hair.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I've been coveting that whole costume, as Zorba knows that I adored it on sight. Zorba, did you talk to Sophia about wigs? She wore them for many years (even though she had plenty of her own long hair). In her time, all dancers wore wigs even if they had the waist length hair.

Nope, didn't!