Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you care most about a belly dance silk veil?

Hi everyone!
    Silk-Bamboo Studio is doing an investigation about what is the most important feature of silk veils. Can you give me some ideas?

In the order of most to least, which of the following features of belly dance silk veil do you care?
    A~Good colors: vibrant and good gradation
    B~light weight, floating
    C~long lasting: no twisted silk or holes
    D~softness, skin-friendly
    E~washable.

It is very hard to make a veil with all these characteristics. For example, if you want durability(C), we will use a little thicker silk which is a little heavier and make the fabric less soft, which sacrifices B and D.
    And we have not found a way to dye the fabric that never loses any color during first-time wash...

Your ideas are greatly valued!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Hi, perfectfan, how are you? I've bought two sets of fan veils from you, and I love them. However, this section of the forum is more for technical help with the forum (login problems and things of that nature). If one of our lovely super admins can move your thread to the Belly Dance Shopping section, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    Hi, perfectfan, how are you? I've bought two sets of fan veils from you, and I love them. However, this section of the forum is more for technical help with the forum (login problems and things of that nature). If one of our lovely super admins can move your thread to the Belly Dance Shopping section, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions there!
    I am good. Thank you!
    Sorry i posted the wrong place. where should i put it? Can i move it there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfan View Post
    I am good. Thank you!
    Sorry i posted the wrong place. where should i put it? Can i move it there?
    Golly, it's been so long since I was a non-moderator, I've forgotten if regular members can remove their own threads! Unfortunately, I'm not one of the co-mods for this particular subforum, or I would move it for you. Perhaps one of our Super Mods can help move your thread to the vendor's subforum.

Post Thanks / Like

Farasha: we need a supermod (my phone autocorrected it to supermodel :-D) or Salome iirc.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Farasha: we need a supermod (my phone autocorrected it to supermodel :-D) or Salome iirc.
    Yes - I can't fix it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    There we go, THAT'S what I meant, but couldn't remember the proper name! For some reason, I was thinking "co-manager"---I've worked for Walmart for way too long!
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 07-20-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go ahead and answer the question here while we wait for either the mod of this subforum or for one of the supermods to move your thread.

I do want my veils to last; it always makes me sad to see the threads start separating and for tiny holes to start appearing. That being said, I've never used an 8 mm silk veil. All of mine are 5 mm, and are so soft and light, which are the B and D that get sacrificed. So I guess B and D do come first for me, with C, A, and E following, in that order. I also like originality when it comes to color and design. I own a couple of veils that were hand painted, one with a flower, and one with a butterfly, in gorgeous colors that match most of my costumes.

For me, size also matters. I'm short, so most rectangular veils are too wide for me, and drag the floor when I dance with them (they also tend to trip me. Sliding on silk is no fun!). I've come to LOVE half circle veils, I can handle them better. I prefer 3 yard veils, but I'd give a four yard one a try.
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 07-22-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Yes - I can't fix it either.

Oh, poo!

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to silk, I too prefer lighter ones. 8mm are fine, but 5mm or 4mm are better for my dance style - at least indoors! I'm 6 feet tall, and thus prefer 4 yard veils. Half circles are wonderful for double veil. Like any other dancer, I like bright, colorful, and pretty veils - but will take longevity over beauty. I treat my veils "with kindness", I have a super-ultra light chiffon veil that is pretty old now, and its fine - no holes, runs or other problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast