Ten years since the Great Hack

Farasha Hanem

image.jpegI remember when the forum was hacked by that particular group, and I remember that picture, but that was after 2006. I joined in September of 2007. Were we hacked twice, then?

Also, this was the picture I thought I remembered. I thought they had ripped it off from Solace's "Eyes Like Cats" CD.

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Oh yes, the great hack of '06! We opened the forum in 2003 and I think it was June. Amulya I think was the first person to sign up and Adry was second... Yeah we lost 3 years of everything and had to start over. I back up the forum every day since then. We were in Hawaii on a vacation and I went to check and CRISIS!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I joined in 2007 but do remember the coffee table incident
~Mosaic

PS: I had joined about a year earlier, but only visited 1 or 2 times, then when I came back in 2007 my profile had disappeared, so that must have been something to do with the hack, so I rejoined. I have searched for the original profile, but it has gone into the great beyond:D

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Weren't we hacked again after the 2006 hack? I remember the forum being down, and the culprits used the album artwork from Solace's "Eyes Like Cats" CD.