New Esthetician...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
New esthetician here in Florida. My usual every 3 weeks eyebrow waxing plus facial. However, this one is a bit more aggressive than my old one in California (who I'll be seeing a few more times before the permanent move) - my face is sore!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
House in Ca hits the market 1 March - so sometime after that. I'm taking a soloist performance skills class from Sese Geddes that runs until the end of April. Perfect timing would be to leave the day after the last class! If I'm still in Ca by 1 May, I'm going to be a bit irritated.

I'm planning on taking the Northern Route - hwy 80 to Cheyenne (with a side trip to Lander), then turn right and drop down to 70 (?) that will take me to Louisville where I have an aunt, then drop down 65 to TN - to stop by the Parthenon in Nashville and on down to a friend's house in South TN. Then on to NOLA to another Aunt's house, then home from there.

Last edited:

Shanazel

In Lander or Cheyenne either one, you will only be a couple of hours from me. Instead of dropping down from Lander back to I-80, come straight to Casper where you can hit I-25 to Cheyenne and incidentally visit me! Much nicer road than I-80 which was invented by imps of Hell and is driven by bats out of the same place. I'll gather the dancers and we'll give you a royal Veiled Threats welcome.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
That's a possibility, I was figuring on going that way anyway. What kind of road is 28 out of Farson? What about 131 which looks like it goes through some interesting country?

Shanazel

The site wouldn't let me amend the post above so here is the updated version after checking the WyDot maps.

28 is a good highway that follows the Oregon Trail as do 287 and 220 into Casper (the more interesting route from Lander to Casper). 131 is unpaved dirt or gravel through spectacular country. Since it goes over the mountains, it is often closed until June and can be questionable even then. Lots of rocks and at one time was best done with a 4 wheel drive. Don't know if this has changed, but figure on a full day for this stretch of road- it is slow going. It ends in Sinks Canyon out of Lander, a pretty nifty place where the Popo Agie (pronounced po-pah-zha) river disappears underground. The road is paved from the Sinks to Lander.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Thanx Shan - I'm driving a big sedan, that type of road would be best avoided, although it sounds like a back track from Lander to see the "Sinks" would be in order.

Shanazel

Oh, yeah, the Sinks is worth seeing. Depending on the time of year and water conditions, one can even go a way down into the cave.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
That sounds really cool - but I expect to be going through in April or May - water will probably still be up pretty high I'd guess!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I may sound masochistic, but if there is no soreness after a facial, it wasn't effective <LOL>

I'll have to mention that to my esthetician - I'm sure she'll agree! I always tell her that for the amount of pain she causes me, the least she could do would be to wear fishnets and spike heel boots! :lol:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Went to my California esthetician today for her version of a facial and eyebrow waxing. Got me some eye socket massage action, I came out of there like a wet noodle!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Yep. It took her 2 or 3 appts to figure out how to make my brows look decent - but she did it! Instead of thick and bushy - and ruler straight, I have pretty decently arched brows now! Totally worth the pain.