Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings From Vancouver, BC

Hi, I'm Sajia Sultana and I've been studying bellydance on and off since the fall of 2007, when I bought a Bellytwins DVD after seeing Rachel Brice on Youtube. I started taking live classes the following year. Because of mental and physical health issues I haven't been able to progress as far as I'd like to. After I had a gallbladder removal surgery last July I decided to focus on home practice with DVDs and Datura Online - I felt that I didn't have the energy to go to class and meet the teachers' expectations. I love studying traditional bellydance but my first love has always been fusion artists such as Autumn Ward, Ebony and of course Rachel Brice.
    I'm also a singer songwriter and spoken word poet; I wrote a one woman show several years ago and am currently working on a memoir about my multiple lives as a bellydancer, social justice warrior, and performer in Vancouver's weird music scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from another Rachel Brice fan!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm late, but welcome to the forum! ��

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)