Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017: World-wide weather watchers

Tah-dah! New thread spinning off from http://bellydanceforums.net/threads/19568-The-weather-around-the-world-2016/page7

It rained all night and part of the day here, a nice soaking rain like we so rarely get in this semi-arid country. Snowed in the high country but fortunately did not make it down to the mile above sea level mark where my house sits. It is only mid-April and I know we are likely to get more snow in the next month or so but right now we are enjoying a most beautiful and unusual spring.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Here's it's warming up. Summer is coming and it's starting to feel like it. Mind you our weather has been unpredictable this year so for all I know we could get a cold wave tomorrow. In the meantime it's been perfect for disk golf. Anyone else play disk golf?

Post Thanks / Like

There is a field (court? arena? course?) set up for it along the river but I've never played. That's where you throw Frisbees into baskets, right?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. They make specialty disks that can throw further then regular frisbees and are more stable in the wind but you can use any you have. It's actually a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I will look into it. They'd have to be amazing discs to stand up to some of our wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Hi from Costa Blanca, Spain.
    25 C and sunny with a mild breeze.
    *Time to go swimming in the gentle mediterranean waves*
    Ok.. got back home 12h ago. 0 C and the snow was pouring down. The plane nearly didn't land at the airport because of the weather.
    Driving home from the airport was also interesting, as the cars drove at half speed at the motorway and I could see several cars having problems because of the snow.

Quite a contrast from playing at the beach only wearing sandals and summer clothes a few hours earlier.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Started snowing this morning about 6:30 and is still drifting down. I knew it was inevitable (it's only April, after all) but I coudl've done without it. Tomorrow I fly down to Texas for a few days to visit an aunt and cousin. Looks like I'll be landing in rain and taking off again in a thunderstorm. Here rain translates into cooler weather but there it stays warm. No idea what to take to wear but suspect I'll be inside most of the visit since my aunt is movement impaired.

Post Thanks / Like

The weather is cooling off here too. By next Saturday it's expected to rise to 70F. Nice weather for a picnic. Cool, slightly windy, and overcast. Hopefully it won't be to cool.