Farewell

Shanazel

In a little over an hour, I will begin to teach the last official class of my career. I feel like there needs to be some kind of a drum roll (preferably on a dombek) but I suspect it will slip quietly by and disappear into memory along with all the other events of 39 years as a belly dancer and teacher of the same. That is as it should be. Still, it does feel very strange. :confused:

Shanazel

Went well. The dance they're practicing for the recital looks lovely and I only cried a little at the end. :)

Shanazel

Well, I'll still teach a couple of exhibition classes for the high school each semester and I'll sub if they need me but otherwise it is a done deal.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Wow, a day of change for sure. Today's my last day at work, will start the drive back east either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday AM.

Shanazel

Congratulations! I am sooooo bummed that I am going to miss you. Just in case: I'll be home until Wednesday at noon.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Bypassing NOLA this trip - I'm wanting to make time, but I have an aunt who lives there.

In Shreveport, LA tonite.

Shanazel

You aren't too terribly far south of my hometown in Hempstead County, AR. I had a great aunt who lived in Shreveport. Travel safe.

Shanazel

I may dance more at home for fun since all my home dancing had become connected to choreographing group dances for my students. :)