"Landscaping" - moved from Meet & Greet

Shanazel

Spent good long day in the garden planting roses and digging up hosta beds-to-be and pulling grass out of the bachelor buttons and day lilies. Scraped out the site of the upper stone path and cleaned up areas that have been buried under debris for years. Dug a pile of stones out of a future flower bed. What on earth were all those stones buried there for? No idea.

My daughter went to the doc again and was told she has a very large cyst on one ovary. Nothing to worry about "yet" and she is to give it a couple of weeks to go away on its own as "they usually do" but to call if the back of abdominal pain get any worst. She is also to go see a gastroenterologist about her stomach pain. Sigh. Why is she living where I can't get to her in under four and a half hours? Could be farther, of course, but when she isn't well I want her HERE.

Daimona

Spent good long day in the garden planting roses and digging up hosta beds-to-be and pulling grass out of the bachelor buttons and day lilies. Scraped out the site of the upper stone path and cleaned up areas that have been buried under debris for years. Dug a pile of stones out of a future flower bed. What on earth were all those stones buried there for? No idea.

Why don't you ask a .. *ahem* geologist? ;)

My daughter went to the doc again and was told she has a very large cyst on one ovary. Nothing to worry about "yet" and she is to give it a couple of weeks to go away on its own as "they usually do" but to call if the back of abdominal pain get any worst. She is also to go see a gastroenterologist about her stomach pain. Sigh. Why is she living where I can't get to her in under four and a half hours? Could be farther, of course, but when she isn't well I want her HERE.

I understand your pain and hope she get well soon.

Shanazel

:D The resident geologist was standing right there while I dug and pondered the situation. Due to relatively recent (less than ten bazillion years) deposition, he had no clue as to the reasons they were there though he could, of course, identify every boring little grain of each stone by personal and family names. This particular cache of flattish sandstone was more archaeological than geologic.