Happy Mother's Day

Ndimi

Thank you. And to you, if appropriate too! ;)

I got breakfast in bed. After .... um... "breakfast" in bed. :D

Shanazel

It is appropriate, thank you. Just got home from spending a couple of days with my daughter in Colorado.

Ndimi

Oh, that's wonderful! I love visiting with my daughter, only she's overseas so we don't get to visit that often.

Shanazel

My daughter would love to be overseas- she is a born traveler. I'm happy to have her only 280 miles away.

Ndimi

LOL. Yeah, I'd be happier if my daughter was closer. But we're the other way around, I'm the tumbleweed, she's a real homebody.

Ndimi

LOL. Currently residing in Texas. My tumbling days came to a small halt when I changed jobs, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

Shanazel

I grew up on the coast of Texas though I'm originally from just across the border in southwest Arkansas. My brother is in Mission; he tells me it is well over 100 degrees down there. It is snowing here.

Ndimi

I'm in the Hill Country, to my great relief! It's a lot cooler here than most of Texas, but warmer than most of the rest of the USA. We've had a really mild winter, but it hasn't hit major summer yet. Most days I'm in jeans and a tee, a couple days I made it into shorts, and some days I start the day with a jacket. I love my weather! :D

Shanazel

I like the Hill Country and have spent a fair amount of time tooling about the area via car and motorcycle. Haven't been down in a couple of years now since my aunt relocated to Coppell near (ugh) Dallas.

Ndimi

Awesome! If you're up for it, and you're here on Class night, perhaps I can set my Advanced class up for a Guest Instructor? I'm sure they'd love it! And I can take you to my favorite restaurant afterwards. Um... one of them. I have a few, depending on your preferences... ;)

Shanazel

You are so sweet. Hint: I love catfish and okra and hate barbeque and baked beans. Every time I go to Texas, people try to feed me barbeque. ;):naghty:

I am officially retired. By next spring I will probably have forgotten everything I learned in the last four decades and will be fit only for your beginning class as a student. Do you teach?

Ndimi

ROFLMAO! Yes, it is the Texas way. I'm not from Texas though, so how about Thai? We have an awesome Thai restaurant right on the river. We can sit outside and enjoy the river, birds, and yummy dinner!

Um... I have a class, yes. I consider myself a Baby Belly Instructor. I started teaching way back in 2008 because I ended up in a country with no belly dancing at all, and I suck at dancing alone. I did that in three more countries, then landed up here, all excited to finally join a class... and there are no classes here. Closest classes are two hours' drive away. Back to teaching. I've been doing it since 2015 here in Kerrville and have built up a small group. It's more of a fun girls' group. We call it a laughing class with a dancing problem! :D

Hence, you have probably forgotten more than I have ever learned! I shall drag you out of retirement for one hour of hilarity, which will be mostly you laughing at us laughing at ourselves.

Ndimi

:dance: :D :clap: :D

Oh, dear Lord, I absolutely love it! I can't WAIT! That's going to be an AWESOME class!

Please come soon!