Post Thanks / Like

Cold

Post Thanks / Like

-14°C and partly cloudy for me.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Temps around 20 degrees F. Been snowing for twenty four hours or so without let up. I taught a class all day today and out I go to teach it tomorrow as well. Husband just took off to go to the symphony concert. I felt obligated to stay home in front of the fire and perform my most essential duty as cat furniture.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Temperatures was -16 C this morning, some wind, but no clouds.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been cold. Last week and a half it snowed more then once. So much for spring. I've had to transfer my starts to larger pots since it's to cold to plant.

Post Thanks / Like

Winter storm warning

Heavy snow is expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions. Tree branches could fall as well. Total snow accumulations expected to be in the 3-8 inch range, with locally greater amounts up to 20 inches.

Be prepared for road snow and significant reductions in visibility at times, including travel along Interstate 70 and Interstate 15. Significant travel impacts are expected. Strong southwest winds will build Saturday during the evening, switching to the north and remaining gusty into Sunday afternoon, with gusts of up to 80 mph on ridgetops.
    I really hope the peach trees haven't budded yet, we've lost the peach crop to late winter storms before. Hopefully the chill for the last few weeks will have prevented it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on vacation in Texas/Arkansas for two weeks, including a two day drive each way. I saw everything from torrential rain to hurricane force winds to blizzard during that time. Scorching heat is about the only thing I missed! Today in the last twenty miles before I crossed the Wyoming border, I saw six (count 'em, six) semi trucks laying on the side of the freeway. The Powers That Be closed both I25 and I80 to high profile, light vehicles due to 60+ mph winds. Had a few moments when I thought I was going off the road thanks to a particularly hard burst of wind. The wind was kicking up so much dust in Pueblo, CO that one would never know there were mountains only a few miles away.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh... I can't imagine traveling in the weather we've been having. I'm glad you made it home safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather in Toronto yesterday: 3 C, some wind (as usual) and a hint of snow.
    Weather in Amsterdam: 6 C, rainy most of the morning, but less clouds and a hint of sun in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Daimona; 03-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast