Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you are in Toronto, it's only a 1650 mile straight shot to central Wyoming. Drop by for dinner, why don't you? I'm making green chili. It's 57 degrees and the wind is barely stirring at 25 mph.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Well, if you are in Toronto, it's only a 1650 mile straight shot to central Wyoming. Drop by for dinner, why don't you? I'm making green chili. It's 57 degrees and the wind is barely stirring at 25 mph.
    Thanks, Shanazel! Unfortunately, I won't be able to blow towards you for a green chili this time.
    I left Toronto yesterday, arrived in Amsterdam this morning and I am finally home, slightly jet lagged. Currently it is app. 1 C, no wind and probably cloudy.
    Last edited by Daimona; 03-08-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

(double post)
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Partly cloudy. Lows around 31F. Wind chill values as low as 25F. Southwest wind to 8 MPH.

Wait... Is it actually colder here then in Amsterdam?

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I are going to Scotland next month. I'm good for warm clothes and rain suit (best way I know to ward off rain is to arrive with rain suit and umbrella in tow) but I am at a loss to know what to do about shoes. It's not like I own a pair of Wellies, coming from the land of "what's that wet stuff falling from the sky?"
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Buy some there? It worked for me in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

If they aren't too expensive, I will do that, but my funds are pretty limited.

Sunny today and 39 degrees at the moment. High of 50 predicted. Will believe it when I feel it. Sigh. I am so tired of winter and my favorite shirt shrank in the laundry. For ten cents and someone to cover my shift, I'd go back to bed.

Post Thanks / Like

The last week, Norway have had temperatures higher than the Mediterranes (app. 30 C). And I'm not kidding, some schools even cancelled exams because of AC not working.
    Looking forward to some lower temperatures this weekend and next week.
    Last edited by Daimona; 06-01-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'll bet you really did feel like you were hanging on the hinges of hell, Daimona!

How one regards temperatures based on one's location is so interesting. My brother in south Texas would consider 30 C a cooling trend. I consider it hot- not excessively so but a few more degrees and I'm ready to head for the shade, ice tea and a good book in hand.

We've had amazingly beautiful weather this spring. I'm almost afraid to say that out loud for fear it'll jinx us into a late (very late) winter storm. We didn't get the killer low temps we often get the end of May and as a result, everything is green and fresh without frost-burnt edges. There has been enough rain that the hills and prairies are green and my son tells me that the mountain wildflowers are in full bloom. Later today, I'll take my grandson up on the mountain to see if the flowers are as good around here as they are in the Big Horns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Wow, I'll bet you really did feel like you were hanging on the hinges of hell, Daimona!

How one regards temperatures based on one's location is so interesting. My brother in south Texas would consider 30 C a cooling trend. I consider it hot- not excessively so but a few more degrees and I'm ready to head for the shade, ice tea and a good book in hand.

We've had amazingly beautiful weather this spring. I'm almost afraid to say that out loud for fear it'll jinx us into a late (very late) winter storm. We didn't get the killer low temps we often get the end of May and as a result, everything is green and fresh without frost-burnt edges. There has been enough rain that the hills and prairies are green and my son tells me that the mountain wildflowers are in full bloom. Later today, I'll take my grandson up on the mountain to see if the flowers are as good around here as they are in the Big Horns.
    I suppose it depends on what you are used to. The highest temperatures I've ever experienced in Norway is 36C (i.e. in July/August, not May!). I usually head for the shadows when in passes 27C.
    Today it has been the lower end of the twenties. A simply wonderful spring, yes.
    --
    Daim.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast